Bug: the sound component unable to find source file when published as .aab file on Google Play Store

The sound component unable to play shows an error ( Unable to find the source file ) when we published our app on the google play store as aab. ( )

As per new guidelines after some months we can’t upload apps as APK on Google Play Store.

And we can’t use players more than a limit. So, guys, you have any solution or can you please report to kodular team?

1 Like

This might help

1 Like

Yeah, i read the complete Topic. It suggests using exoplayer but i can’t use exoplayer for a music instrument app because it consists of many sounds and players. When will Kodular fix this bug? Because Google has given the ultimatum for the last date to get an update into aab.

Kodular team is working on that

2 Likes

Okay, i hope they will solve this big before the deadline :relaxed: :pray:

2 Likes

@dora_paz If this topic got solved, Please close it.

What do you mean by that? Why shouldn’t you be able to use ExoPlayer?

Bcoz, first the Exo player is not that fast to play immediately when the button press several times as compared to the sound component. For example, if I play drum and press it 20 times for the Exo player it takes time and for the sound components, it will play more smoothly as per my experience.

1 Like

See here:

1 Like

I had already talked about this problem of exoplayer not being as fast as the sound player, in another post and I was asked about it. And I really see that other users have noticed the same problem. I’m having to make some adaptations that are not good to use the exoplayer nowadays.

1 Like

Okay thanks

Hello,

For developers confronted to this problem as I was, I share my findings…
The cause : It is due to the compression of the resources in the aab format.
Solution : Tell the bundle tool not to compress the audio resources.

Unfortunatly it is not easy to do…
You have to :

1. Export your app as an Apk
  2. Follow the instructions of the “Manual way” of GitHub - sensei-z/APK2AAB: APK2AAB until the last one: ‘Compile aab’
  3. Before compiling the aab create a ‘BundleConfig.json’ file with the following content (exemple with ‘.oog’ files in assets):
    {
    “compression”: {
    “uncompressedGlob”: [“assets/**.ogg”]
    }
    }
  4. Run the compile aab command with additional option ’ --config=BundleConfig.json’
  5. Sign & upload your aab
  6. Enjoy!

Maybe one day, this will be included in Kodular code, but if you need to publish now, this might help.

Djam

1 Like

Another solution: Music file source path must be found by blocks.

The blocks in the example are if audio playback is enabled in the in-game settings, first find the source file from assets; If the audio file is playing before, mute it, then play it again.

Do you found any solution for that issue ?