Button state communication between the ESP 8266 or ESP 32 arduino and the Kodular App

Can someone help me, I need to finish my Home Automation application, I want the button to turn off, ie the state of the button has to turn off when the arduino is turned off. Or if it is possible too, when turning on the arduino again, the button state should be as it was, ie as the button state is in the application.

Thank you very much in advance!

use tiny db to store value, like when you set button yo off then store tiny db to off, and when turn off, save value to on, and when screen initialize (when you open app) check if tiny db button tag value = on then set button to turn on and all function related to turn on and if value is set to off, then set button to turn off and all function related to turn off.

1 Like

good night samiu8336, you can show a picture or an impression of how it’s done, because some things in the program I don’t know yet.

A very good way to learn App Inventor or Kodular is to read the free Inventor’s Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps … the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book ‘teaches’ users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

2 Likes

I have an similar system. Control some esp8266 connected to an relay, using mqtt. There’s an free extension for use it

but when, for example, if the power goes out or turns off, it will return to normal the buttons that were pressed or all the buttons will be turned off by turning off the ESP, and if there is any block in the kodular specific to this function that is to communicate with with ARDUINO IDE, that’s my doubt yet