Companion Error (live view of Lotties)

I am sorry if this is covered, search yielded nothing.

I have a Lottie experiment. I get this error on Live companion.

“Error. The Kodular companion can not show a live preview of the source file”

Source file is both a zip, and a json of a lottie, set in the designer window.

Blocks are below. Any thoughts?

Is the error message not clear enough?!?
It does not work with companion but as exported APK!

No Mika, It is not clear enough. Nor anywhere is it stated in the docs, or on the community. Is it an issue with the Lottie, with a zip, with a format of a JSON,…

So to answer your question No it is not. Are you saying that it is a known issue, and that lotties cannot be view in companion mode and must be tried in APK mode?

If that is your answer then if you would be kind enough to state that in a cordial manner, that would be appreciated.

1 Like

The lottie library we used for this can not handle the files on emulators.
That’s why I added there this error message.

So if it the message is not clear enough… Then I will add a few more words to the error message :smiley:

1 Like

Well thank you Mika, That makes sense now, and yes I think it is a good idea to make the limitations more clear.

Thank you for the clarification

2 Likes

“Error: The Kodular companion can not show a live preview of the source file since the used Lottie library works not on emulators. Export your project as apk and test it with a real device.”

Will this be a better error message ?
Then I add this.

“Error: Unfortunately the Kodular companion is not currently able to show a live preview of the source file as Lotties are not visible in emulators (such as the companion). Please export your project as an apk and test it on a real device."

Looks great mate. Thanks. Very very clear.

2 Likes

Thanks I will use that.

2 Likes

I don’t love this part, because you can test it with an Android emulator too, like
BlueStacks®
sponsored content.

It would be better like this:

Error: Unfortunately the Kodular companion is not currently able to show a live preview of the source file, so Lotties are not visible in it. Please export your project as an apk.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.