Custom Webview - Third party URL - open in external browser

Hello I want to open third party URLs into an external browser (chrome)

The expected flow is -
On a website - we have integrated whatsapp chat icon - when clicked on it - it opens following URL β†’ this URL automatically further opens the whatsapp app with pre-defined message content

https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=+911234&text=Hi%2C+I+am+interested+in+this+product%2C+please+send+me+more+details+-+Beautiful+Long++Gown+Dark+Blue++https%3A%2F%2Fwww.xyz.com%2Fkurtis-dresses%2Fanarkali-kurtis%2Fanarkali-gown%2Fbeautiful-long-gown-dark-blue-l+

As of now my blocks are as per below - it is able to open the link but its not opening in external browser

But why you want to open that link in external browser?

You should use an ActivityStarter.

Action = android.intent.action.VIEW
Data Uri = link

1 Like

Yes Use Activity Statler not CustomWebview

But why? :thinking:

This is my complete block

I tried many combinations but somehow it’s not helping me

if you open - the website - www.moranifashion.com in phone, and open any product (Women Floral Cotton Aqua Printed Kurta Set With Plazzo : The Morani Fashion Boutique) - you will see the WhatsApp enquery button - when clicked its passing pre-defined message along with phone number directly inside whatsapp

but this same is not happening on the app using the blocks below

kept last few blocks as it is for reference

I have a question.
Are you using latest version?

Also you have not configured OnNewWindowRequest blocks correctly.

Yes I am using version 10.1

Also, it will be really helpful if you can share the sample blocks, it may help others as well

at bottom, i have given other blocks also which i tried, but that also didn’t help to get exact redirection as expected

What did you mean with this?

if you open - the website - www.moranifashion.com in a phone, and open any product (Women Floral Cotton Aqua Printed Kurta Set With Plazzo : The Morani Fashion Boutique) - you will see the WhatsApp enquery button - when clicked – its passing pre-defined message along with phone number directly inside Whatsapp

but this same is not happening on the app using the blocks below

(it opens whatsapp but not with phone number)
I will suggest to try to once - without trying i guess it will be difficult for me to explain

It works for me without any issues.

Great, can you please share the blocks

There is nothing special in the blocks.
I have just enabled DeepLinks property and visited a sample page.

Hello,
actually in my blocks i have enabled the Deeplinks as well, also enabled the Deeplink at Designer window as well

I request to please share the correct blocks for OnNewWindowRequest

So your issue is that whatsapp is opening but not with specified number.
And you were saying all the time that extension is not working. :joy:
I shall take a look.

Hello there,

Any hopes?

You can try beta version:

Hello Sunny

Thank you for your help, but somehow still my blocks are not working
when i click on whatsapp button - new page opens but suddenly my app crashes and it closes everything -

PFA my blocks

Post the apk here.

Morani_March.apk (6.3 MB)

Posted my APK