CustomWebView : An extended form of Web Viewer

It’s a list, so use select list item to select item 1 .

2 Likes

Thank you :grinning:

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Searching in custom webview

Hi vknow360,

Thank you for creating this awesome extension, I really like it! (Especially the ability to hide the zoom controls :smiley: )

I have a small question regarding one of the properties called File Access.

According to the documentation it allows the webview to access local files directly from the HTML and JS running in the webview if set to ‘true’. Thus far I’m unable to figure out or find online how to actually do this.

The goal
My goal is to simply read/write the contents of a txt file located on the sdcard of the phone directly from the webview using javascript. This would allow me to skip the somewhat limit bandwidth of the WebviewString functionality (I’m using AppInventor).

Attempts
So far I only found a method involving the FileReader object, requiring a File object as input, which does not work on Webviews as far as I can tell. It would also require manually choosing an inputfile, which I’m not looking for.

Question
Am I interpreting the goal of this property correctly? And if so, how would this work?

Thanks in advance!

Marcel

2 posts were split to a new topic: With the help of extended webviewer i am able to download but facing one problem

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Deeplink feature of custom webview is not working properly. it is showing our icons for any xyz link instead of the link of our app. Is there a way to remove deep link function. Simply unchecking the box does not remove the feature. also features like location access etc. I am using webview component of kodular and also custom webview along with it for full screen video features.

Please help me out, its urgent.

Can we send many request in 1 second

I received this mail from google
Hello Google Play Developer,

We reviewed your app, with package name…, and found that your app uses software that contains security vulnerabilities for users. Apps with these vulnerabilities can expose user information or damage a user’s device, and may be considered to be in violation of our Malicious Behavior policy.

Below is the list of issues and the corresponding APK versions that were detected in your recent submission. Please migrate your apps to use the updated software as soon as possible and increment the version number of the upgraded APK.

Vulnerability APK Version(s) Deadline to fix
SSL Error Handler

For more information on how to address WebView SSL Error Handler alerts, please see this Google Help Center article.|124|January 23, 2021|

Vulnerability APK Version(s) Deadline to fix

To confirm you’ve upgraded correctly, submit the updated version of your app to the Play Console and check back after five hours. We’ll show a warning message if the app hasn’t been updated correctly.

While these vulnerabilities may not affect every app, it’s best to stay up to date on all security patches.

If you have technical questions about the vulnerability, you can post to Stack Overflow and use the tag “android-security.” For clarification on steps you need to take to resolve this issue, you can contact our developer support team.

Best,

The Google Play Team

I don’t know what to do as I don’t know any programing languages

any help please

What permission i needed to load my webview ?
is required on webview can be used?
my webview after click an button its going crash

WHY THIS IS NOT WORKING !! CAN ANYONE HELP ME.

Sorry for disturbing but I solved this issue.
from here

https://community.kodular.io/t/custom-webview-url-not-loaded/76071/6

pls add a url getting option in new window request component which is removed in vesion 9

You can find all the Available Versions here http://sunnythedeveloper.epizy.com/2020/05/13/customwebview-an-extended-form-of-web-viewer/

Please tell me how to make Google map work?
I use these permissions this way, but the map is not displayed

I found a problem. This is due to errors in connecting the google map. However, it works in the browser. Of course I understand that WebView is not a browser

How do I download images? ) This methood not work (

In custom webview latest (9) version not work
Thanks.

Ок.
the download works, but some sites don’t

Long press image save option not showing

What have you tried ??

Long click pop-up menu not (showing) working

What about showing your blocks? It would be really helpful :blush:

I believe that the extension won’t show a pop up menu, when you long click on an image, etc…You need to build your own pop up menu :slightly_smiling_face: