CustomWebView : An extended form of Web Viewer

Because I use some api/site that takes a long time to pull the information. I would like to know if it is the default component of Kodular or not.

1 Like

Everything is fine but I have found a bug in this. that bug is that when we load html code if there is # in that html code then it doesn’t work. if I’m using replace all text block and segment # then working properly.

1 Like

Can someone help me why the html doesn’t work? Showing webpage not available

I have checked in the kodular web viewer it works, but not in CustomWebView. Thanks

Bug identified.

CustomWebView doesn’t offer to load assets with localhost path.
You will have to load it with file:///android_asset/ scheme.

1 Like

because in url after “#” means what element in html will be shown if its not at scroll position.
and this extension not replaces it.
so if url is: index.html#top it scrolls to top
if urls is #[elementid] it will scroll to element.

thanks for the reply. I have tried with different routes but it does not work. Showing net::ERR_ACCESS_DENIED

You will have to enable FileAccess property before loading file and make sure that app has read storage permission.

1 Like

Hi People,

I am a beginner and i want to know how to make my web-view set to desktop mode by using this extension. I got the block
component_set_get

But I dont know were should i connect this.Enyone help me out as soon as possible

This blocks is to check if webview is in DesktopMode - returns true/false. To set use

1 Like

Plaese Added VPN feature. Any User select vpn then connected VPN

See

Why it didnt shown when i searched for “useragent”
Sorry for posting same thing

Can we block pop-up ads?

It should be possible to block them, either with the property or with OnNewWindowRequest event.
Give it a try and let us know about it.

1 Like

Hello, how are you guys?

Within the site that I am displaying in Webviewer, there is an option to download a PDF, but when I click it, nothing is done.

How can I enable PDF download and save to user’s main cell phone folder so that it can open outside the application?

Good night class, how are you?

I’m having difficulties in a creation, I need to use Webview and inside the site I have two situations:

I have a Vimeo video and I need to use the full screen option, and I have PDF files that I need to download to my cell phone.

Using CustomWebView I was able to get the player to work in full screen, but I couldn’t download the PDF file.

Using the default WebViewe, I couldn’t get the player or the PDF to download.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do?

blocks (1)

help me, I made a web application with kodular using a custom webviewer in kodular, when I tried it on companion all the buttons on the web worked, but after being exported the buttons on the web couldn’t be clicked

Can I install any chrome web store extension in extended web viewer extension

Are you getting any error?
I’ll suggest to use Download component as upcoming version of DownloadHelper will be (completely) different.

Can you show an example video of issue?

Obviously no.

Hi, I am new to coding and I really have no clue how to use this extension. What I’d like to do is just to make a basic browser where when I press the button it takes me to the website I put in, but in desktop mode. However, when I press the button it crashes the companion. I am on MIT app inventor but the blocks on there and kodular are nearly the same. I figure we have to build our own website using blocks. As I said earlier I don’t have too much experience in coding so if you could help me with that I’d appreciate it very much. Thank you.