Delay Between ChatView Messages

I want to make a story mode ChatView where bots talk to each other while the user watches the conversation, I want to put a delay between bots’ messages. but when I used a clock or a wait block from an extension. the app didn’t send any message until the delay is over, and then all the messages appear in the same time, and that’s not what I want .

This is my code :

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Why is a wait procedure generally a bad idea?

Please Wait method by Scott

Taifun

I used a clock and wait extensions, and it still doesn’t work . I need to create a delay between messages .

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

I already gave you an image .
I’ll explain what I have and what I want :

• I have a ChatView, I want this ChatView to send messages with a delay inbetween
  • My problem is that when I use a clock or a wait block from an extension, it waits for the specified amount of time without sending any message, once the delay is over, it send all the messages at once, and I don’t want this

unfortunately I don’t see you using the recommended wait method… see again Scott’s example…

this is the logic: first do something, for example display your first message, then start the clock and in the clock timer event display the next message… do that until you don’T like to display more messages, then stop the clock

Taifun

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.