Displaying Image from "external_storage" not working in compiled apk

Ok, I think I can guess what it could be. I created this folder manually:
/storage/emulated/0/Telegram/Telegram Images/.

This directory /storage/emulated/0/Telegram/ may be blocked and only accessible for the Telegram app (at least on devices with Android > 9, API > 28). On my Android 11 test device there is no Telegram app.

However, the directory can be accessed via Companion, since the corresponding storage permission is declared there in the Manifest.

Even manual creation is not working.

Manual creation, what?

He tried this.

Where did he write / claim this?
No, I think this directory was created by the Telegram app.

Try this APK: imageTestASD_shared2.apk (5.9 MB)

He created k test and ktest folders manually. He never claimed it but I’m guessing he did it.

So it means SAF can be used to obtain access to that dir. Should work fine then.

1 Like

It’s the only remaining possibility why it won’t work for him (that the directory is only accessible to Telegram and he did NOT create this directory himself). My APKs work on all of my 16 test devices (Android 4.x, 5.x, 6, 7, 8.x, 9, 10, 11)

Yes, that’s exactly what I was thinking about.

1 Like

It is there, i showed you in one of the last videos…

This seems to work! it is displaying the picture once i click the button, what did you do?

He is correct, the dirs listed there should be made by fileTools when pressing the button by copying from assets to the specific folder, I believe fileTools will make it if it doesn’t exist…

Try to remove this folder beforehand (before you test my APKs):
/storage/emulated/0/Telegram/Telegram Images/

Btw, why are you creating this folder / subfolder which apparently is exactly like the one created by the Telegram app?
So please answer the question: Is the Telegram app installed on your device?

I’m not trying to create this folder, telegram is on my device, and i am trying to share a pic from it…

I am using the “Share to” feature of kodular, and sharing the image from telegram to my app, this is the location that is being reported as where the image came from, I am then wanting to pass the image onto the OCR function, but at the moment I can’t get it to “show/accept” the image in the kodular apk, as it comes up with permission denied, so i try to just “display” the image after i have recieved the shave, but ended up with it not showing…hence “simplifying” what i was doing, so i can see if anyone knows why its not working.

As I said earlier, this directory is likely only accessible to the Telegram app.

Not being funny, but you never really helped me, just showed that you could work it and do something…

I am stll having issues with any copy commands, as per the videos shown in previous posts, when i did an app showing that images wasn’t displayed from all the folder, doesn’t explain why only one of these work - Displaying Image from "external_storage" not working in compiled apk - #19 by Karl0ss

Also doesn’t explain why every one (apart from 1) of the tests apps you guys sent didn’t work, then you send one that seems work, but don’t share / show how to do it? just tell me create the folder, but as Chandan pointed out, I have actaully tried that here - Displaying Image from "external_storage" not working in compiled apk - #37 by Lollipop and t didn’t work.

As i showed, i have an app coping image from assets into 4 different locations then loading the image, but none of them worked…

It seems there is something strange with the handle/display of images, as like i said, im trying to use the share feature, and stumbled on a different post showing the same eventual issue as me here - How to receive shared image and display it? - #28 by vknow360

but @Boban seemed post a working version here - How to receive shared image and display it? - #29 by Boban and using his APK, i can share an image to my app and it displays, as I want it too…the strange thing is using his shared aia here - How to receive shared image and display it? - #38 by Boban and just opening in kodular and exporting it, trying that apk on my phone doesn’t work…so im not too sure what is different between his APK and the shared AIA, but both look like they should work…

there is def something strange/weird here

It’s really anything but funny now. Especially since I’ve really tried to track down your problem. But the necessary information (especially about the Telegram app) was missing until the end. The fact is that all my apps work on all devices and Android versions, at least as long as the Telegram app is NOT installed there.

In this respect: Uninstall Telegram and try my APKs again. I bet it will work then.

I will definitely no longer be participating in this thread.

This is working if you grant read permission which will be obviously granted by user.

I do have Telegram installed and I just had to rename an image to foto.jpg.

However app needs to be restarted.

Again, you miss alot of the information that is going on here, and you have ignored all the information that i put in this link Displaying Image from "external_storage" not working in compiled apk - #19 by Karl0ss that has NOTHING to do with telegram, but still doesn’t work…you just seem to be going on about Telgram Telegram, but I never actually pin pointed and said that is all i have ever tried…I also talk about and show the images from Telegram from in the very first post - Displaying Image from "external_storage" not working in compiled apk

So your making it out that I didn’t supply information, where it is more that you missed/ignored the information, and maybe the Telegram stuff is the issue, but it still doesn’t answer why it doesn’t work for any of the items in this post - Displaying Image from "external_storage" not working in compiled apk - #19 by Karl0ss so it wasn’t “missing until the end”

After all that information that shows I wasn’t JUST trying from telegram I find it frustrating that your response was just

As I said earlier, this directory is likely only accessible to the Telegram app.

Even after I have mentioned all the above about different folders, different apps, and like Chandan pointed out, I did try other stuff…but your just talk to me like i’m just doing it wrong, I think i have provided more than enough information/aia/apk to show what is happening.

Your participation hasn’t actaully done anything for me, so not missed.