Download from google drive

Hello everyone

I want to download files from a google drive share folder. How can i do that without share every single file??

1 Like

you wanna control google drive from your app. am i right ?

1 Like

I generate PDF files from google forms and store them in google drive. I want to create an app to download these files

1 Like

You can’t download file from Google Drive if you don’t have permission. Sharing must be turned on!

1 Like

If I share the folder, Is it posible?

2 Likes

Yes you have to enable the link then start share… Any one can download file from it…

1 Like

Sharing a folder will enable access to all files inside it.

1 Like

I know how to enable the link to share the folder but how can i get the download link for the file(s) that i have in the share folder from my app ??

1 Like

You can see download file option by clicking on it.

1 Like

I don´t want to do it by this way. I want that the user type the name of the file in a textbox and press a button to automatically download the file

1 Like

Then you will need to use Direct Download Link Generator for every single file.

2 Likes

I have hundreds of files and every day i update more is there any way to get the direct download link when the file is uploaded

1 Like

Then update your link throug database with name…

2 Likes

Upload the File on Google Drive and then, copy the file link you want to create a direct download link for. And, use that link on your app…

Or, you can integrate Direct Download Link generator on your app… Give users ability to copy the file link he want to download… He will paste the link on a text box and click Download… App generates the link… And file gets downloaded…

1 Like

This is better and easy solution. :+1:

1 Like

Any idea on how to incorporate this method on my app?
I know there are websites that generate those direct links but I have no idea on how to do that in my app

1 Like

To direct download use this link:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=FILE_ID

It can be used for any GD file.

3 Likes

Hi @almeidapablo , Look at the link @Fabio posted! If you look at it, you can see the link will be same for every file, but the only difference is File ID.

How to do this:-
When someone enters the File Link to a text box, split the File ID and store it on a variable. And, after that join the *Common URL (That are same for every file) along with File ID. That’s all.

2 Likes

See this video maybe can help you

4 Likes

Thanks, It’s what I was looking for