Error 201 After Update 1.5.5 (Camera did not return an Image)

The blocks of the workaround you can find here

Taifun

Thanks for this temporary solution. Its works in companion but does not works running the APK in ANDROID 12. I don’t know what to do… In Android 7, it works fine.

Thanks

does the example apk file posted here

work for you?

Taifun

Yes, this APK work for me, in Android 12. I’m using the same blocks. I’ll try from zero in a new proyect with the same blocks.

Is the picture taken from companion or the apk of this app?

Hi, and happy New KoduYear!!

The fail wasn’t in the camera blocks. Works perfectly. The fail is in the image editor block, when I rotate and resize image 🫣

I’m learning how to use the image editor file here into community. Again, @bodymindpower @Taifun @Still-learning rescuing koders .

Thanks!!

In APK. with companion works fine. As I said above, the fail wasn’t in camera blocks workaround.

Io ho risolto con il workaround presente nel forum

I have resolved with workaround present in this forum

1 Like

Hi Advisors,
I am a user of Kodular for more than 2 years now. I have created multiple apps using the camera, about a year ago and they worked perfectly well, then and even now.
A week back, I became a premium user and added some text to the text boxes of my app(no change in the code). But when I ran the code, I got the error “Error 201: camera did not return an image”. I tried applying all possible code snippets that were suggested on this community by bodymindpower and others but to no avail. I tried changing from Mac to windows, I tried changing my phone, I checked for permissions, etc…again no success.
Please help! I need this to work! This app is required for rural empowerment.

Share your blocks

1 Like

The @bodymindpower’s workaround blocks works fine. If you are using image editor blocks, it fails too. You can use Taifunimage extension to rotate and scale JPG image, but this image must to be in ASD first.

Alternatively to camera, you can use surfave view to use get inage from camera.

All this are workaround method to get same similar to camera blocks.

I advise you to add the @bodymindpower extension to manage the write/read permissions correctly.

You only need try and try to get it :sweat_smile:

LUCK!

1 Like

thanks for the reply, but the bodymindpower block only repeatedly show an old image. further since I am using multiple cameras and storing the images locally till the time comes to upload it, I cannot delete the images .Taifunimage is a paid extension so don’t want to buy it in case the error persists.
btw what is ASD ?
lastly, Where can I access the bodymindpower extension? perhaps I could try it.
thanks again.

further to my reply above, I created a simple camera app on Kodular and on testing it got the same 201 error. I then went to MIT app inventor and made the exact same app and it worked flawlessly. So it appears to me that there is obviously some bug in the latest version of Kodular.
Is there some official helpdesk for kodular that we can contact about this issue?

this is a known issue since June 2022
I moved your posts into the corresponding thread…
up to now we did not find a way to wake up the developers to fix this error…

Taifun

2 Likes

Hi Taifun, Thanks for addressing the elephant in the room. Now it is clear that Kodular needs to be debugged and also equally clear that there is no timeline for this! Well, I cannot wait (each day I delay, some one in rural India may not receive my medical advice), so could you please let me know how I could purchase your pro camera extension (which hopefully will resolve my camera 201 error)? BTW could you please share the latest APK (created after Sep/Oct 2022) for the test camera app? An older version compiled in 2021 will work (as all older versions of my app compiled in 2021 work perfectly well) . But if any camera app compiled (after sep 2022) using the buggy Kodular SDK works, then I can be assured that it will work for me too.
Thanks again, in anticipation.

I would also like to thank Dario and GSR for stepping in with some helpful advice.
BTW is it possible to send private messages to individual users? I could then take up separate threads with each user without spamming the whole group.
Thank you all, God Bless!
Dr. Lavanian MD

Hi GSR,
If you are in India, could we connect offline, say on phone, to discuss this?

this is not my extension… you can find it here

Taifun

imagen

Got it. :slightly_smiling_face:Thank you, Dario

Thank You Taifun, will try the Pro Camera extension