Error 802: cannot starting recording: is there another recording running?

Greetings Developers.
I have had a small percentage of users who installed my Parrot Repeater app who reported an error when running the app. This percentage must be ~2%.

The app uses the sound detector to trigger the audio recorder when the sound increases to a certain level, and when the sound drops to a minimum level it stops grading and plays the audio that was recorded. Audio is not saved to file.
the problem reported was
ERROR 802: CANNOT STARTING RECORDING: IS THERE ANOTHER RECORDING RUNNING?

Even restarting and with no other app running in the background the message was displayed.
On most smartphones the app runs normally.

If anyone can help I would like to know:
What is the reason for this error?
Why does it happen on just a few devices?
Is there any way to avoid this error?

I appreciate any help!!

Maybe Path recorder…Did You check ?
Saved Recorder properties

2 Likes

You have already encountered this problem. You have to stop the logging event before you can use the post logging event.

1 Like

Grateful for the help!!
I am not saving the recorded audio, the app plays it as soon as the recording is finished.
So I left blank SAVED RECORDING

Yes, I took care that this doesn’t happen in the code.
On almost all smartphones the app works normally, so far only 4 people have reported this problem

I saw the error code table, but the message:

ERROR 802: CANNOT STARTING RECORDING: IS THERE ANOTHER RECORDING RUNNING?

It says that the recorder is already in use… I thought of some other app running in the background being using the feature, so I asked the person to restart the smartphone and open only the repeater app, but the error persisted.

1 Like

I once had a problem with a component that didn’t work with a screen recorder application.
I had no solution …

I am trying to record the screen showing my app. However when you have to execute speech recognizer together with MOBIZEN the message is shown…

2 Likes

Is it a conflict with another app that is installed on their smartphone?
Because there were only a few in the sentences of people who tested it…