External Storage component of Device Utility is showing wrong information

Hii Koders,
I’m making an app which tells device, software, sensor, stoarge, network and sim information. I’m using Device Utility to show the external storage info.
But it does not show the correct external storage usage and how much external space is left. It shows of internal storage. I have done the right coding. There might be a bug in this.
I kindly request kodular staff to check and tell me whether a bug is there or not? Or if no bug is there, please help me to solve this problem.

Happy Koding,

Regards,
Unusual Coder

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Alright @Taifun below is the screenshot of the block for which you asked.

@Taifun Please can you help me quick.
I know I’m not patient…
I have sent images of my blocks…

thank you for the screenshot…
additionally you might want to provide a Do it result of the method you think which provides the wrong information together with the result you are expecting

Taifun

@Taifun I have given 2 screenshots below.

I have 32GB of external storage memory card. But the app shows wrong total storage, used storage, and available external storage.

And also my internal storage is 16GB. But it shows total internal storage which is left after operating system has used.

I don’t know what’s the problem with the component?

I’d be glad if I get the solution of this problem asap.

Regards,
Harshit

your first screenshot shows you did not receive any result?
what about making it easy for others to understand the issue?
what about providing a Do it result as already mentioned?

see also tip 4 concerning how to use Do it App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps

for example internal storage total, you are expecting 11.289 GB, but which value will be returned from the component?
Taifun

No I’m expecting internal storage total as 16 GB. It should show 16 GB. But it shows 11.289 GB

No that’s the kodular designing area image :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

someone else might want to shed some light onto this… @Kodular, is this a bug?
Taifun

1 Like

@Taifun Shall I give you aia file. You might want to take a look at it!

Sure, we can check into it

@harsit2405 Could you PM me a SIMPLE .aia to demo the issue?

Alright I’ll make a simple aia and send you asap!

1 Like

Maybe this screenshot from my Galaxy Note8 helps:

3 Likes

@harsit2405 Thanks for .aia that you PM me. Picture below shows using Kodular component vs using an app that I just downloaded. I’m still checking into it, but wanted to share.

2 Likes

From another device without a external (removable) SDcard:

I kindly request regarding device utility storage. I am getting wrong details about storage. I could not get solution.
Thank you.

1 Like

But how do you get the total for the external sdcard? For me its still shows the internal for it.