πŸ•Š Floating View: float your component. [FREE] πŸ•Š

Please solve this problem
Automatic application crashes when I open a floating view with another screen other than screen1 :sleepy: :sob: :sob:

I have used your extension in my application but the user has a bad reaction due to this problem.

2 Likes

I just checked and it is working correctly, could you better describe this error and its blocks?

May be it’s don’t work perfectly in all devices :man_shrugging:

1 Like

When I am back press screen-1 by closing screen-2, the application is crashing.
Demo aia : floatingView (1).aia (38.9 KB) [floatingView (1).aia|attachment]
Demo Apk : floatingView.apk (5.0 MB)

Please hope to solve this problem as soon as possible.

Video :

I haven’t found any problems other than this, this extension is very good:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I have found a solution to this problem :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

blocks (28)

2 Likes

That extension is amazing thanks for your great work but can you help me with this error message: android.widget.LinearLayout cannot be cast to android.widget.FrameLayout. I tried to let an vertical arrangemente float over a google maps component.

1 Like

Check this publication.

1 Like

How to Dismiss Overlap View.
I didn’t found any Block for it.

3 Likes

here… :grinning:

2 Likes

No i tried that and that Don’t works.
I think that is Only for FloatingView not OverlapView.

2 Likes

That’s right, there is no block to restore Overlap, but in some future update, I will introduce this feature.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your great work. I am so overwhelmed. I will definitely donate something to you. Thanks

1 Like

I think I was wrong, I thought the app continues to run in the background. :disappointed_relieved:
Is it even possible with Kodular to run an app in the background and collect data from the acceleration sensor ?

1 Like

There is no way to run in background using any app inventor distro.
The only way to implement a service in background is with the push notification service, by onesignal.
I admit I don’t understand why onesignal could do it and everyone else at the comunity couldn’t. May be it is because of the way how push notification works.

Anyway, there is no way to do it.

But well, why did you think that using a float component would make your app run in background?

1 Like

I think this would be possible, only if you have knowledge of java or if any developer is willing to create it, just use my branch (GitHub - jarlisson2/appinventor-sources at edi1), on it, I added the Services annotation. Here’s an example that I created using PushNotification for Mit App Inventor: GitHub - jarlisson2/PushNotificationAIX: Receive notification via onesignal on AppInventor. Right at the launch of the new version, it will be possible to do this in the main branch, as the request from @Shreyash was merged.

2 Likes

This is not true. The support for use of Services and Content Providers was added by me and will be available after the nb184 release. See this PR for more info:

Also, I see you’ve changed the name of original author (me) in your branch. You aren’t supposed to do that.

Left: Original commits done by me (PR #2217)
Right: Commits of Jarlisson’s branch.

4 Likes

Oh sorry, but this code was made even before you published the request, I can prove it. I just hadn’t done the branch yet …

I don’t know what you did, but my code I copied in the same structure as the ActivityElement annotation and I simply copied the Android Studio documentation structure, If it stayed the same, I’m sorry for the coincidence.

1 Like

Oh, okay. I just inspected your branch and the code seems a bit different than mine. I’m sorry, I should’ve checked it first.

1 Like

Congratulations on your work, it looks amazing!

3 Likes