[Free] Async Procedures | Extension

@SamirTalukder it seems you only ask for things instead of searching. Read the post above yours. There is the answer.

2 Likes

Can someone kindly tell me why this error comes?

1 Like

You shouldn’t update a view / UI in Async thread.

1 Like

ohhh k i got it, thanks man.

Hi!

Do I need this extension if while executing SQLite blocks? like which I guess are executed during foreground.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

i am having issue in it please anybody can help me ?
here is my blocks
blocks (1)

This extensio not work visible componet

Theres not any visable component in procedure i think :speech_balloon:
But i don’t know why this error happened because i never use asynprocedure

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You Mean is this because of loop ?
i cant use loop in async procedure ???

This is the relevant part of the error message… unfortunately it is truncated…

What happens, if you use correct values for all those value if tag not there sockets?

An empty text is not correct, because it is not a list… and depending on the number, a create empty list block also will not help… you can’t select an item from an empty list

Question: what should happen, if the tag was not found?

Taifun

Thanks for replying @Taifun .
But My tag is Not Empty . If Empty then List Procedure block will not run because on screen initialize i first check that if tag is empty or not … i have same issue with async procedure

On screen initialize i first check that tag have values or not …
if tag is not available then i will not call procedure and show an label that list is Empty …
my same procedure is already working great without async procedure extension but i want to use this extension if list length is more then 1000 rows because loading too much data on ui crash the application.

the error occurs while using the add items to list block
unfortunately we can’t see the complete error message…
probably you can see more in logcat?

EDIT: most probably one of your select list item blocks fails and that error breaks the add items to list block…

Taifun

i told you that this procedure working fine if i do not use async procedure extension ,
but this happend only with async procedure extension . i have attached adb log you may see it

i think loop dosent work with async procedure extension because my data and list are all ok .
but i am getting 3 kinds of diffrent erorrs always … screenshoot attached.

What good is an asynchronous procedure when it is possible for these procedures to conflict with each other?
I created an example.
The TEST3 procedure adds 50 values to the List1 variable all with a one-letter prefix passed by the calling procedure.
By pressing button 1 I execute 5 procedures asynchronously.
In this way you can see how the operation is truly contemporary, but the result is not always correct. Often some elements are missing.
I imagine that adding an item to the list at the same time creates a conflict and consequently generates the incorrect functioning.
But then, if the procedure offers no certainty, what is its use?