[Free] Fetch - A powerful and simple download tool

2 Likes

But if I add this permisaion by following your guide only for android 11 and publish my *aab on playstore will it be approved?

see here when it more likely will be approved

You should request the MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission only when your app cannot effectively make use of the more privacy-friendly APIs, such as Storage Access Framework or the Media Store API. Additionally, the app’s usage of the permission must fall within permitted uses, and must be directly tied to the core functionality of the app. If your app includes a use case that’s similar to the following examples, it’s likely to be allowed to request the MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission:

• File managers
  • Backup and restore apps
  • Anti-virus apps
  • Document management apps
  • On-device file search
  • Disk and file encryption
  • Device-to-device data migration

Taifun

2 Likes

Are these two blocks fixed now with new version or there is no any new version?

1 Like

path not create automaticly not create!
i need create path automatic.
please update the extension.

I wonder why the get file size not working in my app,
it just show 0 of 0.

Did you try my test APK?

1 Like

just try it and it work perfectly with my phone android 12.
the get file size work with both ASD checked or privatedir checked.
i look at your blocks, and the file size part is packed, what i do now is get file size by id > get global id , as how the tutorial told in the first post and it is not working in my app.
Anyway i save the file in ASD directory, i use your installAPK extension to point the path with the AppSpecificDirectory block.

when i use ID blocks to show file size or other purpose then show

nothing
why?

1 Like

An awesome extension, very easy to use

2 Likes

Fetch v1.1.0

Fetch downloader v1.1.0 is avilable now

New Blocks

Some new blocks have added for more reliability.

This event raises when download progress changed. This is a replacement for old OnProgress because of new parameters. If I added these new params in old block then many projects would be corrupted on updating the extension.

This block ask the write permission from user. You can use this blocks according to your needs.

Returns true if the write permission is granted.

This property, if set to true then the bytes returned in Progress Changed event will automatically converted to suitable units. This will help you to reduce some blocks.

Deprecated

Some blocks has been deprecated and would not work anymore and will be removed in future updates. Make sure to migrated to new blocks.

This event is deprecated since new event is added as replacement. This block won’t work anymore and will be removed in future updates. Make sure to migrated to the new Progress Changed block.

Download

Extension has been updated on the top post.

Thank You
Sumit :wink:

5 Likes
error

Error from Companion: invoke: no method named `AutoConvertBytes' in class com.sumit1334.fetchdownloader.FetchDownloade

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.