[Free] Media Cache | Cache video and audio files to make your and users' life easier

Please add pdf file cache

can we use youtube video

You can use it with any direct video link

1 Like

Nice Extensions @zainulhassan :+1:

2 Likes

@zainulhassan You are always Epic :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Great extension

1 Like

Great extension.

Hello @zainulhassan this extension looks nice and I think this is what I have been looking for so that I can give my users to play video offline but I have the question!

1. Does this extension force the user do download the video so that the user will play it offline or after caching then it makes the video to play offline?

2. What is the real meaning of caching vs downloading?

My point is I don’t what the user to download the video because after they download it they will share the video so I want them to play only on my app but offline.

Have you understood what I mean? @zainulhassan

2 Likes

Hello @zainulhassan how can I get this in listview?

1 Like

You can use this block

2 Likes

Yes I understand but can I use it with ColineTreen Listview after cached?

it doesn’t seem to be working for me. It comes back false still the file is in the folder.

1 Like

link dead can not dowload

which link are you talking about?
the link to the aix and example project from the first post of this thread are working for me: [Free] Media Cache | Cache video and audio files to make your and users' life easier

Taifun

1 Like

Hi,

I implemented this extension to my app. But there are some problems:

1. It takes too long to start playing.

I guess for big files it’s good, like a movie or a video, but in my case, I use it for music (~4MB audio files) which takes more time to play, than simply downloading the file and then playing it. Maybe this is because of problem #2:

2. My server doesn’t provide Content-Length header, so the OnProgressChanged fires only at 100%. Perhaps this is why it takes so long to start playing the song. Is there some way to deal with this? In situations where the content-length is unknown?

3. In older android phone (android 6.0.1) the music plays botched, like : starting, skipping 30s, playing 3s, skipping 30s, playing again, skipping again, the end. It seems like a problem with the encoding process perhaps? In newer android phones this didn’t happen.

4. Most of the times, perhaps every time, the song plays to 60-70% and then just stops. Very weird, I thought it was because of my server’s headers, but it’s not. Also the cached file is complete, it’s just the .GetUrl that does this.

These problems made the extension unworkable for me. Although I love the concept. It’s extremely useful. So I’d like to hear from you.

Note: I used it on AI2, not Kodular.
Note 2: The aia demo doesn’t load in AI2. But the extension does. You might want to look at that.

Thank you very much
Fotios TSF Anonwins

edit: Also another thing: the GetCacheFilePath returns usually wrong path: it has .tmp in the end but the actual file is without .tmp, and other times the opposite. So I solved this by checking for both paths: with .tmp and without .tmp

yeah, I had the same problems. It just doesn’t work as it should

nice extension :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Nice extension

Cat it work with youtube url or one drive url?

Hi @zainulhassan it seems your extension are very useful and really appreciated but i have a little concern here. is there anyway to delete the specific already cached? i try using @Taifun taifunfile extension but it doesn’t.

1 Like