I renamed ZxingView extension to ScanView, this version fixed many issues occurred in many android phones, and tested on more then 30 devices from different brands and from Android version 4.4 up to Android 10.
- Front Camera support!.
- Added new blocks for customizing ScanView UI.
see ScanView v2.1 links below.
- Scanning a barcode from an image path.
- added After Scan beep!.
- Support for App Inventor 2 platform.
- reduced the extension size by ~30%.
Please excuse me for not posting any images for the blocks because I am very busy at work these days but I will post it as soon as I can , there will be an aia file attached in the bottom of this post with each block is commented what it do.
Thank you all and stay safe!
ZxingView Version 1:
- adding a block for setting the Barcode format.
- adding Designer Proberty UI for this extension and more!
Issues Not fixed:
This extension is not working in Companion yet.
ScanView 2.1: UPDATE
- new blocks added for Controlling ScanView UI.
- fixed a bug, Thanks @rizu.
com.silver.scanview.aix (527.4 KB)
ScanView-v2.1.aia (526.3 KB)
ScanView v2.1.apk (5.4 MB)
ScanView v2.1 without zxing library.
com.silver.scanview.aix (56.0 KB)
For any issues & updates, Please PM me.
PS: when the Front Camera is selected as the active scanning Camera, if the device has a support for Front flashlight then the FlashToggle block will work also for it.
I’ve used code from this link.