[FREE] Voice Recognition extension without Google Dialogue

But that means the end user needs to go through that process to make the offline mode work. I want it to be included with my app so it is easy for the user. Is there some way to download the english language pack to package with the app for offline mode?

1 Like

How do I stop the speech recogniser with a button? So press mic button to start and then press button to stop. On / Off button in effect. I tried using the StopASR but it is still listening. I can’t figure out what the IsListening does, as there is no True / False option to change this setting. Any ideas? Thanks.

1 Like

The StopASR method should work without problems. I improved the break method in version 9: ScSpeechRecognizerV9_1.aix (20.1 KB)
IsListening is a read-only property.
A user who wishes to apply the offline recognition can be given instructions directly in the application and open the system language settings screen.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

@AL-HANOOF_18 please do not spam communities. Solution was provided in MIT App Inventor’s community

4 Likes

Hi,
I am Srikar
Important Message
Please Reply.
Can I use scSpeechRecognizerV9 extension for MIT App Inventor Appathon For Good 2021
Thank You
Regards,
B.S.S.SRIKAR

1 Like

On my part, there are no restrictions on the use of this extension. If you talk about it

1 Like

I am using android 10 and set continuoslyRecognitionEnabled to true but speech recognition action is stopping after I am mute

2 Likes

The voice recognition process continues until the system recognizes the first phrase. Further, it is assumed that the user will process the received information and start the recognition service again.

1 Like

Great extension!
But I noticed some problems:

1. StopASR - StopASR does not stop listening immediately.
  2. Clicking Stop and then restarting returns an error frequently (this did not happen in version 6):
1 Like

I didn’t have such a problem. Does this error occur in the compiled and installed application too?

1 Like

There is an error in your plugin. Without google dialog, the codes work in campanion but not in apk app. This error occurs only when google dialog is closed, please fix it

2 Likes

If you think this problem is caused by my application, don’t worry, I tried it in the applications I created from scratch, but the problem was still there.

1 Like

I tested it on different devices - the apk works. What version of android API do you have?

1 Like

I’m using Android version 11 but I don’t think this will happen because I found the apk of the old first version of my same application and tested it. It only works in campanion.

i am trying to make an artificial intelligence based assistant and this plugin is really important to me

1 Like

Version 11 (API 30) may have new security requirements. I have not tested the work of my extension on this version of Android. Companion differs in that it gets all possible system permissions during installation.

hmm ok, I tried giving all permissions and it didn’t work :slight_smile:

The problem is this:
For apps targeting Android 11 (API level 30) interaction with a speech recognition service requires element to be added to the manifest file:

<queries>
   <intent>
     <action
        android:name="android.speech.RecognitionService" />
   </intent>
 </queries>

I don’t know yet how to do this from an extension. Perhaps more experienced developers can tell me.

1 Like

Could the coders team help with this? :slight_smile: