Generic Discussion about Kodular Premium

Well, there are better alternatives with a Premium plan. Long time established companies that keep up to date their product with no extensions limitations on their freemium plan. The strong point of Kodular was the Free ride and the Community which is now loosing many of it’s more passionate and active members. The risk of Kodular to fall apart despite the Premium subscriptions seems to me to be very high. It’s a fact that there’s an issue when it comes to what they promise comparing to what they really are able to realize. By their own words the developers (most likely just a few) work on this tool on their free time. They are employed somewhere else. I don’t think they will leave their job to dedicate themselves to Kodular. After collecting the money from the worried subscribers what’s gonna be?

2 Likes

Why is this post hidden?
And why is this query being unattended and unadressed again and again!?

Which one ?

@Diego please rethink at this step, l am just a student who like converting my ideas into apps and I sea kodular is good for this,

And really believe me I don’t want or intend to add any ads in my apps I don’t want any profits from my apps so why I pay for premium,

Please set it (((Free))) at least for students,
Really I spent more than 2 years learning kodular and know I liked kodular cause I spent very long time, hard work, ideas at kodular,
But now I am disappointed after I read this topic , and if this happened then Kodular have just waste all my time in kodular and I will be very regret about spent this time at kodular while I could spend it at learning dart for flutter or java and kotlin for Android studio,
Please I hope you understand me .

4 Likes

May be due to irrelevant posting to the topic or multiple posting as you already posted in bug tracker topic 6 days ago.

I posted the same query here, but got flagged by the community.

I have never recieved such a pale response from kodular community, they have always been very active in addressing issues.

You are spamming the forum that’s why it’s hidden. Your query has nothing to do with this topic. You’ve already posted it twice, once in it’s own topic, and once in another topic. Stop posting it over and over, especially in topics that have nothing to do with it.

1 Like

Diego has already mentioned that Kodular is examining this option and it is likely to be implemented. He has mentioned that students will have unlimited extensions, projects, and asset sizes (subject to the regular limits), but no options for monetisation.

In future please search the forum and read topics thoroughly before spamming a query with something that has already been answered.

1 Like

I paid Premium, but how can I understand that when I access my Kodular I am in the Premium version and not free?

There is only one version of Kodular itself. The free version has limits on it but there won’t be any in the Premium version.

1 Like

On what basis will this be considered? How will everyone’s claims that they are working on kodular for the purpose of learning are true??!.
I hope that promises are not difficult to fulfill because I think that after 11/7 we will be forced to accept reality

1 Like

We have exciting new updates Release fast & Bug Free Release

1 Like

Some what acceptable :panda_face:

Only the staff can answer that for certain, but I would imagine that anyone signing up for a student account would have to prove they are a student by showing some sort of ID or paperwork.

1 Like

Adding on to that, it might be available to @Students automatically… though, there’s never a time where you have to reverify your academic status?

It’s the first time to post and I just contacted kodurar recently. Please tolerate repeated views or different views.

Kodurar is not a public welfare organization. They also need to make money, and this version of AI2 is very good, but the restrictions of the free version publicized at present are not enough. Don’t take it for granted that they serve us. :grinning:

Here I just give them some suggestions, which may be better.

1. I think they can maintain the previous quota of the free version by like adding some advertising components / advanced components to the paid version. In short, not by reducing the quota of the free version, but by adding the functions of the paid version.
  2. In addition, I can open an donation channel (I just contacted kodurar recently, if it has been opened, I didn’t say it).
  3. In addition, I also want to support kodurar, but I hope to add some payment methods, such as wechat payment and Alipay.
  4. In China, there is another version of AI2 that also adopts the payment system, and the price is not cheap. You can learn from it, let users promote your products to obtain members, or give members to users who are active in the forum / provide effective suggestions and help to the forum / write high-quality extensions, etc.
  5. You can also use the point system, such as how many points you can get for providing a high-quality self-made application / extension, purchasing an application / extension, and directly using the point transaction. At the same time, points can be exchanged for members and can be recharged.
  6. You can also consider increasing website advertising to make money.
  7. In addition, if the quota is not changed, please allow the functions used by teachers and students in teaching. Thank you.

I don’t know if it’s a translation problem. :thinking:I feel that the reply under this post is like a quarrel.

Finally, congratulations on the great progress of IOS Version :kissing_heart:

(from Baidu translation, sorry for the wrong words)

5 Likes

I have seen that there are “services” that perform these verifications, for example Spotify and Youtube use SheerID to verify the status of a student and thus offer a discount. However, this type of service would not be in a wide scope, since the school or university in question must be associated apparently

Or also, taking advantage of the fact that Kodular supports Login with GitHub, verify if the user is a beneficiary of GitHub Students

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Did you know my friend that the way they should classify users must be taken into account and be clear and not include specific countries… There are many kodular users from Arab countries… what are the bases they will work on to classify them…? I do not clearly understand what is meant by ID student

3 Likes

Very good idea of @gio06
@Diego I think they should take this into account because what keeps Kodular above Thunkable and App Inventor 2 is their free work. If they charge it, they would be one more platform among thousands, without difference and they do not think about the other alternatives to obtain income. I would pay for them to teach me how to work with Kodular, not to use it, and like me there are thousands who stay for free subscription. Because some of them give the same, it does not mean that the majority agrees. That one who would pay $10 is one of thousands who is not interested in paying anything, but deep down I am sure that those $10 could perhaps be better used to acquire something of more value that Kodular offers. Excuse my English but I am Spanish speaking. Best regards and I hope you take it into account. It is never too late to turn back from mistakes.

2 Likes