Hackanoid! A tribute to the 80's arcade Arkanoid

Yes, sorry. I tried to use the new aab format for the update but I wasn’t aware that format has a bug at the moment in which the sounds are not packaged or not recognized. So I made another release today with the old APK format. It should be reviewed and live soon, probably in an hour or two.
Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

The update that fixes that problem is now live. Make sure you download version 1.04.

1 Like

Hey @Italo, I downloaded the updated version , and its working great. I am looking forward to play it more :smiley:
Also liked the idea of adding a kind of virtual joystick, to elevate the game interface upto correct height :wink:

Here is the screenshot of how the game looks in my device presently.

3 Likes

Thank you for showing that. It’s easy to make it look good in short screens but in those tall ones, man! Good thing Google has tall banner ads too! :grin:

3 Likes

Congratulations @Italo. Very smooth and professional. Amazing Game!

1 Like

Hi @Italo i have a question ?
it is possible to do the same with other games. I have hundreds of mame32 games.
Hug from Santa Fe, Argentina.

Edit: I have long ago built my own mame 32 arcade control that I connect to my old pc to play games. It is for two players with 6 buttons. And postponed you have the spinner to play Arkanoid.

Needs a bit of restoration but still works fine !!!

2 Likes

Wow Amazing @Italo :v:
Additive game and the sound effects are also cool. I never thought this types of games could be made in :kodular:

2 Likes

Hey! I’m also from Argentina Buenos Aires, but I live in USA. And I also have MAME roms!
I was thinking about building other simple arcades in Kodular, but it takes time, you know?
I did all the graphics and coding. I didn’t use any pre made stuff. So to do the same for another game would take me months, because I only do this in my free time. But yes, I think it is possible if it’s not too complicated. Which one are you thinking would be a good candidate to remake?

That control for arcades looks awesome! I spent so much time in the arcades when I was a teenager in the 80’s! I love replaying those from time to time. My favorites are Aero Fighters, Arkanoid (of course) and Volfied.

2 Likes

Try the sounds with a good headset or earbuds! They are even better!

4 Likes

And I thought you were for Italy :grin: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I know you are from Argentina !!!
I think we are of the same generation or more or less. I 1971 … Huuuuffff games like choflifer, tetris, 1941, 1943, Aliens, Space Invades … Do you want me to continue ???

1 Like

Haha! Almost! My dad was from Italy! That’s why the name!

2 Likes

In private if you want, so we don’t go off topic here.

2 Likes

Mystery solved

1 Like

You are right… i’m sorry !!!

1 Like

:flushed:
I am waiting for a review since August, 30th. I do not know what Google is doing.

Really? May I know what app is it? My releases never took more than a day.

you probably live closer to the source, so to speak

@Italo I am just Addicted to it.
Add vibration to it, it will be good.

1 Like

Good suggestion! I’ll add the option soon. Thanks.

3 Likes