Help with makers on Google maps

1 Like

Did you test in APK ?

1 Like

Gmap won’t work in companion. Everyone you need to test with APK only

Hello

I have just set this all up in a new app created an APK and tested the app on my adroid 8.1
device, I get exactly the same effect with the apk as I do with the companion, a blank whit screen with just the google logo in the bottom left corner, no map no markes.
I can not seem to get this to work with the companion or as an apk

any other idea as to what I can try please

Thank you

Did You check This solution ?

Thank you
yes i have tried this it did not help.
Thank you

1 Like

In Companion and APK
map10009

1 Like

Is there another Maps blocks?

I am very happy it is working for you.
I however can not get it to work, I have been trying for 3 days now and still can not get it to work.
Think I will scrap the idea of the Map and just put an image with the locations marked.
Would be nice to have the map but i can not get it to work or show anything like what you have shown in your screenshots and i have tried everything here on the forum and everything i can find and on Youtube, it has just left me very frustrated.

I still can not get the map to work or show a map or a marker i get a blank screen with just the google logo in the bottom left corner.

It will be easier to just add an image with the locations marked than keep trying to get this map to work.

Thank you very much for all your help

Do you only have these blocks in your app?
Did you enabled your location ?
enable

May be due to this, Did you fill this one?, if filled mean need to check for other fields

3 Likes

I created a seperate app to test the map it is now being removed from my main app
the test app had only the blocks above to test the map and markers
I truly have no idea how to get this extension to work correctly
i have downloaded and tried AIA from the internet and i can not get a single map to work
Maybe it is just the cheap phone i am using.
My head has been fried by trying to get this map to work and failing.
I will just leave it out of my app and maybe try it again some other time.

Thank you

I think so, because I showed Dora’s solution in the Second posts… :+1:

but I don’t think he read it… :no_mouth:

1 Like

I did read it Thank you

I am trying the API now I did not have it in the project settings
I will copy and past now and try again
Thank you
I did not see the section with the API for Google maps thought it would have been on the right hand side settings or in the blocks

Yes thank you i have found the section but i am not sure which API to use there are like 6 that show up on my google cloud map page is it the javaScript API or one of the others i have no idea.

No idea what API I am supposed to add there are 12 API and 2 SDK showing on the Google cloud map platform.

this is very confusing

So this is your problem. I hope now you will be able to see just like Roger rio… Always follow the suggestion post by him… If you have said this earlier you may got your answer too early…

So, again, we return to a post I’ve already posted :+1:: I posted above :point_up_2:, a post that the user showed :face_with_monocle: with images how to configure. :+1:
Calmly and without anxiety, you will succeed :+1:

1 Like

No I can still not get this to work.
I give up, it is stressing me out too much now.
the API did not work I still have a blank map and no markers.
I will come back to this at a later date.
For now i will just use an Image with the locations marked.

Thank you for all your help

I think the problem is with the Android system. I think that the 11 system does not work in the lab "compinon ",
but it works if I import the application and install it. I am now working on maps, but when I want to check, I have to install the application again

1 Like