How to block Android 11 downlods on playstore?

Hello, how i limit downloads for only android 10 or less.
Some functions in my app are not working on Android 11 and so far its not possible to solve. So i want to limit download to Android 10 or less.

That’s not doable.

ON screen initialize check mobile os version if its android 11 then don’t show that function .

1 Like

Thanks, but in case the function is vital to the app, i’m working on a solution, but for now i can put a warning saying that the app may not work on Android 11.

Thanks, i searched that is possible in Play Console blocking by android device.

Can you tell us how?

You just block devices from Device catalog in play console. And it is not a good practice if you block them for a feature unless it’s a core feature

Changing targetSdk Version to 29 in manifest file may work

Try to declare this in the Manifest:

<uses-sdk android:maxSdkVersion="29" />

Here:

<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" ... >
    <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="19" android:maxSdkVersion="29" android:targetSdkVersion="30" />
</manifest>

See also here:

Note: After this process You can’t able to upload or update your app on playstore.

Starting in November 2021, app updates will be required to target API level 30 or above and adjust for behavioral changes in Android 11

Can u tell us which functions didn’t work on Android 11 ?

Everyone knows that. So what are you trying to tell us?
Its about the maxSdkVersion (and not targetSdkVersion).

See also here:

Okay :+1: Sorry

His app is on play store

Edit: Whoops, did not see that it was maxSdkVersion :man_facepalming:

One of my apps generate a XML file for anolther app, and need to move from my app ASD to the other app ASD, and in android 11 the write permissions changed.

The other App has a library of Sounds that users download to a folder in /storage/emulated/0/MyAppFolder this is also givving error on android 11. (i’ve already thining in a solution in this case.)