How to change PACKAGE NAME ✅

I’ve added. Thanks for the contribution! :blush:

Great guide.Really useful for beginners. :grinning:

1 Like

No no. This means that you have to look at the picture :joy::joy:

I have change it to :point_down:t3: xd

1 Like

:joy:
Oh, i blur it.for this reason :grin: Any way, thanks for changing it.

1 Like

I always structure my package name like this:
kim.cedric.appnamehere
By the way, I own the domain cedric.kim. It’s best that you own the domain that you put in reversed before the app name. Don’t go around putting kim.cedric in your app names. :joy:
Anyways, domain name reversed, optional category, app name. That’s what a package name should usually look like.

5 Likes

Amazing guilde,
Thank you so much :heart_eyes:

Off topic

@cedkim what will happen if i put your package name kim.cedric on my app??

2 Likes

Off-topic
I would be mildly upset. Also, the Play Store doesn’t necessarily allow developers to use other people’s domains in their package names without their consent. If they find out, a few bad things would happen, to say the least.

3 Likes

Nice Guide.

Also mention that when user kept it empty, then Kodular will assign a default package name which is based on your email id which is used for login to your Kodular creator account.

For ex. If your login email is :

[email protected]

then default package name will be :

io.kodular.example.yourappname
(io.makeroid.example.yourappname)

I’ve added to the guide. Thanks for the contribution! :blush::blue_heart:

1 Like

we not set a more keywords package name in a new update of kodular why ?

As per new update it is restricted to 10 charecters only, as per staff it will be resolved soon.

2 Likes

I have updated the guide :wink::blush:

Hello,
here is my package name
com.samdeveloper.onemore
Tell me is it right or not.

Hello I Think I’m Disturb You My Question is How To Change App Package Name even App Instilled My Phone

Do you mean you want to change an app package, so that it would be updated without uninstalling and reinstalling the app? As far as I know, if you change the app’s package name, so it would be a different app, and will not update the same app which is having a different package existant, with a different package name. If the app is on the play store, so you will not be able to update it.
However, if you mean to change an app’s package name programmatically ( from the app’s blocks ), so that’s not possible.

Hello, I have uploaded the “Aia” project, but the package name change section of the application does not appear. There is no place marked above. Where can I change the package name? Please help me

[image]

Go to project settings → Publising → Package name

3 Likes

I cant find any other options other than General. What am I doing wrong?

Aren’t you able to see those other menus

1 Like

My bad :rofl:, could not see this on my laptop. Can see it on my mobile now.

Many options doesnot show up properly in Bliss theme.

Thanks
Mohan