Is it possible to change the package name of an extension (.aix) file?

:wave:t2: Hey everyone!
I want to change the package name of my extension for some reason so is it possible to change the package name of the .aix file as changing the package name in Appybuilder code editor is not possible and generates an error. Is it possible to change the package name after the .aix file is downloaded? If you think that this is something illegal, please DM me with the solution.

It will only change the file name not the package name of the extension.

You can try Niotron IDE for making extension with your desired package name. It’s not possible in appybuilder. And there are also other ways to make extension that requires PC.

If you have problems with default package name then I’ll suggest you to use Extension Template.

1 Like

@vknow360 @iamwsumit Is it not possible to change the package name of a downloaded aix file?

already have without aix How to change PACKAGE NAME ✅ - #20 by dora_paz

I don’t want to change the package name of my app. I want to change the package name of my extension (.aix).

Is it not possible with the use of WinRar??

you can, of course,
unpack all the files, change them in HEX EDITOR and zip them back.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate more? I didn’t understand. What do you mean by unpack? Should I extract the .aix file then import the folder in Hex Editor and then zip them back? How can I zip them back? Can you please tell the step-by-step procedure to do it?

1 Like

Yes you can change the package name of aix file easily