How to execute an action at a specific time?

2 Likes

Tank you very much.

grafik

Done. I am not sure if this helps in any cases, but you´re welcome.

I have a problem where do you find the bloc intitule “call: chec_timer” ?

Oh no… This is procedure block. If you create a procedure then you will find the call check_timer block under procedure block

ok tank you and sorry for this question i’m starting in kodular.

1 Like

So, if i want to test and put another hour like 11:40 Am i can juste change “HH” with “hh:mm” and change “12” with “11:40” this is that ?

1 Like

Ok i understand everything but this is not fonctionnal for me (bis) so can someone test to see if the error is coming from me?

Why dont you try firebase instead of clock?
If user open the app immediately it will check for firebase value and start to do the work

If you change the value work will take place(i.e If you define value 1 to start an 2 to stop) you can simply dop your work as bellow.

yes i don’t understand everything but with that you can’t change the hour ?

I’m just going to explain the purpose of the project: The goal is to activate and deactivate a button every 24 hours there will be other functions later, that’s it …

Not possible. No user will keep in open the app for 24 hours.

Kodular will not run in background.

So the best way is at the time of opening the app, we can design the rule just like method as shared above.

Everything is the admin hand. Admin has the rights to open or close just by assigning values in firebase

If not you can check the extension to run in background. Recently I heard I think so.

@Lunodiamonse

Have a look at this extension

I think firebase is too difficult for a beginner. Clock is better here.

There is no need to run app in background.

@Lunodiamonse

you can try to use 11:40 but then you have to use the logical block and not mathematic block, because math block can´t display colon ( : ) .

Problem with this method is, that if the app is opened after 11:40 o´clock, there will be no changes at all, because the if sector will return “false” until it is exactly 11:40 o´clock. that is why I used the math block. I did not try the pattern “HH” only, but it should work I think.

ok tank you i will trying and I will report back to you.

In such case try like this… this design will enable the button between 23hr and 24hr reamining time button will will be invisible

Add initialise global timer empty box

Ok, if you activate the button then when will you deactivate it.?

Suppose if your app is earning app Kodular will not allow it.

tank you the switch will be activate at 12pm and the next day at 12pm the switch is desactivate this is that the problem how to make this ?

In reality i think that the best solution would be to have a “get hour now” block and if this block is equal to 12pm then we activate the switch.

Use the above block as I mentioned. And replace the 23 with 12. And in the else (kindly create ) add again button visible to false. Simple

So first 12 hr button will be visible and the next 12 hr button will be invisible. (remove the first block in the above image and put it under else block)