How to hide my Downloaded files

I want to hide the file and only my app can access the file and when uninstall then file will delete

I used “.” To hide but any other way

I think we cannot hide.Because it automatically shows.But You can include that file in your aia file and that will not show in the file manager.

I search on community I get /data/data/com.packagename.app can hide the files now I couldn’t find I search Many time

But this really hide the files ???
/data/data/com.packagename.app

How the other app hide the files

Edit:[quote=“bodymindpower, post:1, topic:69074”]
1. Internal Storage
The Internal Storage can only be accessed with a rooted device.

1.1 The app package is saved in

Copy to clipboard

/data/data/<packageName>/

1.2. The Private directory is

Copy to clipboard

/data/user/0/<packageName>/files/

This private directory can be used with the File component to save / read text (setting the path without a slash). It can only be accessed by your app and is automatically removed when the app is uninstalled.
[/quote]

I am taking about this :point_up:t2::point_up:t2::point_up:t2:

Yes! User can’t have access to file stored in /data/data/com.packagename.app unless the device is rooted

I want only my app can access the file

You already got answer here

Okay I can use this path as my private files

Thank you very much @gopi

Yes! You can see there

I can try this /data/data/package/

I use filetools extension this path exists then notifier will say yes but non-thing happen how I can access this path

Read documentation of that extention

What do you mean by “How to hide my Downloaded files”?
Where are the files downloaded from and where should they be saved?
Post the (relevant) blocks.

I download pdf from my app and I want hide the pdf that I downloaded

And again: What does that mean? Where comes the pdf file from (where is it stored)?

I use Download which is Inbuilt component in kodular

I download the pdf file using Download component
And that pdf store in /storage/emulated/0/Download/my folder/pdf

Now I want to hide this pdf file which can only access though my app or rooted device in location /data/data/packagename

you might want to use the file extension and move that file to the ASD - application specific directory

Taifun
1 Like

Try this:

This way the pdf file is downloaded directly to a hidden folder (→ myDownloads) in the ASD without WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission. This folder (myDownloads) can only be accessed by your app and is automatically deleted when the app is uninstalled.

I haven’t published this extension for Kodular yet (for AI2 only), but you can use this extension for this purpose too:

Thank you so much

You can now use this new extension:

If I want to copy the file from ASD to /storage/emulated/0/my folder what will be a file path what is path of ASD path ???