How to open a PDF file and convert to Txt File

Just started making an app. I want to create an app that is able to convert a PDF file to a Txt file so that I can make it easier for the reader to read.

I have installed an extension called PDFtool that helps me convert a pdf file to txt file. Problem is my coding doesn’t work. Have tried multiple ways. But can’t seem to work? Maybe because my method of creating a new file isn’t supposed to be like that or I am incorrectly using the pdf tool extension.

Anyways, any help is appreciated. If you can help then thank you very much in advance.

what exactly does not work?
what will be returned as Result URI?
you might want to display it in a label to find it out…

Taifun

The Result URI is selected by the user, it will select a PDF file. Which will then be converted into a txt file with the extension. Problem is the second block kept on producing error. Saying that resources is not working.

U can use direct txt files to show in your app

No what I mean is that I want to allow the user to select a PDF file from his phone and then it will convert the PDF to txt so that the app can choose and delete what is in the app.

are you talking about the AfterActivity event?
what about providing a screenshot of the error message?
also what about answering this question?

Taifun

Yes, I was talking about that but I am not sure what the problem is.

It showed an error like this.

The result URL is this

Thank you for taking the time to help me!

this is a content uri… you might want to convert it into a filename using the file extension and its GetFileName method
contentUri
Taifun

did you find a solution? i have that same problem

how to upload pdf file from device and get pdf text?
i want to get text from pdf file and write to textbox
can anyone help?

you might want to try the
Pdf Tools Extension by Jerin Jacob to extract images or text from a pdf document

EDIT: the extension has been rescued here All Rescued Extensions from Thunkable Classic Community - #80 by Boban - Extensions - MIT App Inventor Community

taken from the extensions directory App Inventor Extensions | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun