I am Having a problem with the Permissions Please Help | I got this mail from GOOGLE PLAY

Hello Google Play Developer,

In October, we announced updates to our Permissions policy that will limit which apps are allowed to request Call Log and SMS permissions. This is the second notification to let you know that this policy may impact one or more of your apps.

Only an app that has been selected as a user’s default app for making calls or text messages, or whose core functionality is approved for one of the exception use cases, will be able to access Call Log or SMS permissions.

Below, we’ve listed a sample of apps from your catalog which may not meet the requirements for permission requests.

Action required

Please read through the Permissions policy and the Play Console Help Center article, which describes intended uses, exceptions, invalid uses, and alternative options for use of Call Log or SMS permissions, to determine which of the following options apply to your affected app(s):

• Option 1) Your app does not require access to Call Log or SMS permissions: Remove the specified permissions from your app’s manifest, or migrate to an alternative implementation by January 9, 2019 . If you require additional time to remove permissions or migrate to an alternative option, submit a Permissions Declaration Form to request an extension until March 9, 2019.

• Option 2) Your app is a default handler, or you believe your app qualifies for an exception: If you haven’t already done so, submit a request using the Permissions Declaration Form by January 9, 2019 . We are currently reviewing submissions and will respond to your request. Note: You do not need to make changes to your app in order to be eligible to submit a request.

Make sure that your app is otherwise compliant with all other Developer Program Policies to prevent your app from being removed.

We appreciate your continued support to make Google Play a positive experience for both developers and our users.

I just posted about this. Dang duplicates.

You could use these blocks for the moment. It will use your default apps for texting and phonecalls. This is allowed under the new Googles Policy.

14 Likes

I have removed that Component but after that it still asking for Manage Call Permission
Please Help

Did you remove the blocks or the component? What components do you also use?

Does READ_PHONE_STATE Permission requires Call Manage Permission

If i deny Call Manage Permission

There is any in built component to Get Device ID

Don’t worry about reading the phone state, just worry about the ones that show SMS or CALL_LOG or CALL.

It takes some time before this disappears. I did a change myself and it took 1 or 2 days before the message was gone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.