I would like to have a .apk that does not need any permissions

my two apps that I created with Codular have a “storage” privilege, even though I do not use any storage component at all.

Of course, I’m not an expert, but I would like to have a .apk that does not need any permissions.

are you talking about permissions in the manifest?
which components are you using?
Now with the current permission system of Google, the user will have to grant dangerous permissions (for example WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) before it is needed
Taifun

Text_to_speech
Clock
Notifier
TextBoxTools (Extension)
Switch
TextBox
ActivityStarter .VIEW
Snackbar
Sound
Phase (Extension)
Space
Button
Label
Arrangements

Of course I am using some Images I uploaded to the app and sounds and so on. But I’m a bit sad that there is a permission (while installing it doesn’t appear and at my own device it is switched off) appearing in the android app settings.

See here: Google Групи

… and once you have read this, specify your question.

well, actually there not really is a reason to be sad…
the image, sound and activity starter components theoretically could access the file system…
you said, you do not need the permissions… so you could remove them from the manifest manually… see here how to do it Search results for 'modify manifest' - Kodular Community

Taifun

3 Likes

Thanks so far.

This is one thing I would have to deal with more intensively than just making an app that simulates a traffic light system or a random generator.

I just want to make sure that what I write in the privacy policy is correct. Kodular will not secretly grab data, I guess.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.