I would like to know how can I acquire an address from gooogle maps, and send it to a text box?

Hello, I’m new to kodular, and I have the following question.
I would like to know how can I acquire an address from gooogle maps, and send it to a text box?
I’ve tried several times, but I can only acquire latitude and longitude, but not the full address.

Try to use Location sensor…
@Alex_Tavares

but the address I want to acquire is the one clicked on the map, and not the address I am at, does the location sensor have this function?

1 Like

Na i dont think so… Location sensor have that feature…

In order to acquire an address other than your current location from google maps is by using reverse geocoding (from latitude, longitude) . So when you click on map you get the lat and lng from that position and then you can pass that values to an api to get the address. You can use Google’s geocoding api or try another service like LocationIQ

1 Like

No need for any API. Kodular has an in-built block named something like ‘Get Latitude and Longitude from Address’. Try that.

If you are referring to this, it is not working anymore

https://scripts.kodular.io/reversegeocoding/?reverse&lat=your_latitude&lng=your_longitude

This one. Plz cultivate the location Blocks.

1 Like

@plantdoc2018 the question was how to get an address from map - not current, to a text box. With the proposed blocks you get the longitude and latitude from a given address (geocoding) not an address from lat and lng (reverse geocoding) See Location Sensor - Kodular Docs

1 Like

This can work too. But yes. It’s not instantaneous. Have to retrieve from location sensor and it takes little time.

Plus I think I have seen an extension in this community for what you are actually asking for.

1 Like

He wants to get another address not current :slight_smile: So I believe reverse geocoding is the only way.

1 Like

You might be asking for this.

Actually I’m not asking :slight_smile: , I only proposed a solution. The above extension didn’t work for me cause when I used coordinates for Greece I got an address in Turkey

I believe we provided a lot of infos for @Alex_Tavares to try and find a solution

Okay…seen the reviews…:blush:

1 Like

thank you very much to everyone who helped, I will test as possibilities.

1 Like

Thank you! the solution really is to use reverse geolocation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.