Image takes time to load

same problem… this bugs

2 Likes

Have you tried searching the forum? This has been asked before.

1 Like

sorry i upload wrong video how to edit post

i know this was reported early but i have vedio which can help in solve that. so i upload that now if any one know how to edit this please reply

1 Like

may be you can help me check my reply on this issue.

1 Like

it looks like the server is having problems … I use dynamic image and the image is loading very slowly … w

The same happens to me, for two days I started having problems, when I compile, the images take a long time, I had to do the following:
Make a button with the exact measurements and put that button a background image, with that I solve a lot and my apk works and loads instantly … while they square the problem with the servers.

2 Likes

Sorry, there is a question, is there a difference between “use percentage 30%” and “screen.width x 0.3”? :sweat_smile: :thinking:

Not that I know of.

Umm i already reported this on slack before. and the problem seems to be still there.

1 Like

you said that!

I have the same problem (images loads slowly) with my last app created on 13 Feb …
Is there any solution or is it a bug?

@kodular can we add this to the bug tracker? Seems like its an issue for a bunch of people.

2 Likes

@Kodular Problem is also with me images in assets are taking time to show but earlier images were showing instantly…

3 Likes

Yah! Same with me

Same with me to.
Transitional take canvas - background image.

im also caught this error since this days, before it not take such time to load images. nearabout 20 to 25 sec it takes to load images from the assets and then after images from internet loads fast… is there any solution?

same here… Takes time to load than unusual… images are save in assets but same concern provided above

2 Likes

anyone knows how to report it…?

1 Like

im also caught this error since this days, before it not take such time to load images. nearabout 20 to 25 sec it takes to load images from the assets and then after images from internet loads fast… is there any solution?

2 Likes

Apparently there is a bug with the image component. It doesn’t matter where the images come from (assets, external storage). The loading of the images takes between 4 and 83 seconds. Tested on various devices with Android 8, 9.

Note: I repeated these tests again later in the evening and found that the results could hardly be reproduced. The delayed display of the image was still there, but minimal. This morning, however, the problems could be reproduced again. I have no idea what exactly was / is the cause. I suspect it is related to the stability / quality of the WiFi. When the WiFi is diabled, the problems do not arise. (No internet is required in my test APK.)

To work around this issue (bug) (until there is a fix), you have 2 options:

1. Place the image(s) in an arrangement as a background image
  2. disconnect WiFi (using Taifun’s WiFi extension: App Inventor Extensions: WiFi | Pura Vida Apps)

Check this APK: imageLoad_bug.apk (4.9 MB) (Note: enable WiFi on your device !)
Note: There are no issues at all in AI2: imageLoad_AI2.apk (3.4 MB)

Here is one of my tests (Galaxy Note8 Android 9, Galaxy A3 Android 8):

Screen1:

Screen2:

5 Likes