Incoming SDK 30 hotfix

Thank you very much for the great work you do, thank you very much to the entire Kodular team.

Really thanks for this Amazing update

I’m really curious to see if Kodular was able to solve the bugs and problems, especially with the (new) File component and the permissions (which still exist with AI2 and Niotron).

6 Likes

You need a curiosity cure.

1 Like

This is a hotfix update, meaning we’re only bumping the target SDK version in the manifest. We won’t be releasing the Android 11 changes till we have most of the bugs fixed.

8 Likes

Uh, in other words, everything that has to do with files, file path, etc. will be so offtrack as it can be…

4 Likes

after reading the message of @Vishwas and many others. i want to know one thing that after this hotfix update, we can publish our app in playstore ??? as per play store requirement??

We’ll update release notes in community as soon as it gets live

8 Likes

yes, … and that has to do with components, that can store something …

1 Like

Here is an overview of the Android storage system - Scoped / Shared Storage:

5 Likes

Yes, but take a close look at my overview and be aware that the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission is no longer available on Android 11.

1 Like

i am waiting for video player and web views fixes 2 3 aaps are needed to update but cant because of these bugs

ok i noted what you said, WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission is important for play store?

Omg, awesome. We all were eagerly waiting for this. Something is better than nothing, bugs accepted.

Please, try to send it by air express to arrive faster :joy:

1 Like

Does this mean if I avoid using storage components, I will not get any bugs?

Hi @Omar,

Using the file component or not, issues will occur. @bodymindpower only says there will be issue with the file component to prevent you from using it (for whatever reason :sneezing_face:), but what about other components? Why the misinformation?

Truthfully,

:octopus: Nathan

If you let google maps work (without having to compile all the time to know if it worked or not)
If you fix the “preview” in dark mode when it gets buggy, that’s great for me!

Wait, they’re trying to say you’ll have trouble using the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission. What will happen if I use the Tiny DB?

1 Like

Yes, this is what I was asking about. I asked if I avoid using all storage components that need WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission, the app will not have bugs?