Is it possible to add text in between text?

Is it possible to add text in between text when a button?

For example in this image when the
Button is clicked it show add
in between the text.
If possible can anyone please help?

use a simple trick and add and comma in text, and when you click button replace that comma with any text you want, use replace all text block.

1 Like

i dont want to ad something and again replace something, i directly want to add something when the button is clicked

you need to detect where you want to add text so you need to place something in text,

1 Like

Why not youā€™re using text editor

text editor?

Yeah text editor.look on this threat

but how does this help in in doing what i want to do? i want to add text in between text in textbox in a click of a button.

what about providing an example text before clicking the button?
and which result are you expecting, i.e. how should the text be modified on button click?

Taifun
PS: the answers can only be as good as the questionā€¦ improve the question and better answers can be providedā€¦

2 Likes

For Example: my name is kishore
Now if i want to add hello in between ā€œFor Example: ā€œhelloā€ my name is kishoreā€
When button is clicked this should be done

so at the beginning of the entered text you would like to add something, for example the text hello ā€¦
what about using a join block to join the text hello and the existing text?

set Textbox.Text to join "hello "
                         get Textbox.Text
                                              "

Taifun

2 Likes

sorry i didnt get you, can you please show using block?

please try something yourself, I explained it in detailā€¦ this is something very basicā€¦

A very good way to learn App Inventor or Kodular is to read the free Inventorā€™s Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ā€¦ the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book ā€˜teachesā€™ users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

1 Like

i didnt wanted this, i can do this, i mean lets say this is a Text i have copied from the google and paste it in the test box now if i want to add lets say hello in between anywhere when a button is clicked it should add hello where i i put the cursor atā€¦ now is it clear what i want?

"An article is a word that is used with a noun to specify grammatical definiteness of the noun, and in some languages extending to volume or numerical scope. The articles in English grammar are the and a/an, and in certain contexts some."

Now can you please help me?

use the Current Position property to get the current position then
see also Text Box - Kodular Docs
protip: reading the documentation might helpā€¦
then use the segment block from the text drawer to extract part of the text
Text - Kodular Docs
and join again together what you need
Taifun

instead of ā€œget selectionā€ block you can simply put your text which you want to add(hello)

1 Like

Than you for the blocks, It really works

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.