- Is there any way to automatically close an application after ‘x’ minutes of inactivity ?
- Is there any way to kill an activity, when the user minimizes an app (by pressing mobile menu/home button) and don’t use it even after ‘x’ minutes ?
Yes. using the Clock function, However keeping the clock open during the entire application time can cause performance issues if it is not managed properly
Yes you have a few options. Here are some blocks that might help.
I’m already having a problem (which I think is because of the clock component) and I couldnt solve it yet…
I will have a look at the other methods mentioned…
- Create a global variable with false value
- Start clock timer - 60 sec
- Now change the global variable value to true if clock timer finished
- Now check if global variable is true then exit the app.
You can combine this with app resume and pause block too
I haven’t tested this method yet… So can’t tell if it’s working or not
Then how do we know if there’s an activity or not ? all my contents are on a single screen… and the other screen is a splash screen…
Global variable and timer will be useful here… Try to think of a solution by yourself… I already mentioned an alternative in the above comment… Never expect the complete answer… This way you will learn slowly… Try to do some experiment… Its kind of fun to experiment…