Language String like Android Studio

What do you guys think about a text file that store/read all of the text from the components.

Each component with text like Texbox, Label or something else should be stored there and we should be able to download the text file and add different languages and upload the file again.

If you like my idea then vote for it.

I don‘t know if this is possible to integrate but it will be very useful :slight_smile:

Use the file component.

Yes. I know. I do that for now but this to much work, because I have to add every new component and I have to add the component to the blocks…

This is only an idea :bulb:

It would be also nice if an @ExtensionDevelopers try to create an Extension like this.

I don‘t have the programming skills for that :sweat_smile::unamused:

1 Like

Nobody of the Developers give a postiv or negativ answer so I think this idea fall down the stream and disappears somewhere in the community storage like the other topics :sweat_smile:

Good idea,currently you can use this extension

2 Likes

Sagol @Ali_Aydin :grinning:

1 Like

Use a procedural block for all the strings, with an extension that detects the language of the device. Call it when you start a Screen or when the user selects another language …

https://aix.colintree.cn/en/extensions/ColinTreeSysLang.html

1 Like

Your example is very bad, because you have to update the app every single time even if you want to change only one letter… Btw it’s to large you can reduce it with the “any component” feature.

And I said also in one of my posts above that I already use the blocks to do this (and a file that contains all supportable languages). I don’t know if you read the first post, but this is an suggestion for another feature at Kodular where we can use only an text file to translate the app…

1 Like

Yes, I know, it’s frustrating … I just discover it and I’ll be implementing it in my next projects.

Another point would be that not every app has so few buttons and labels…

It wasn’t the same thing that I described in my first post, but you can also use it like this and it’ll be a solution for that.