LocationSensor Extension. Accuracy. Geocoder. GeomagneticField

May be problem with the extension used in the aia. Instead of extension(kio4) use default Google apps alone to get user location

it does only show if the extension uses the permission android.permission.ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION and as this extension is not able to run in the background, you actually do not need “Allow all the time”…

Taifun

solved it by add ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION in manifest.xml
Result : Allow all the time

but a problem i have with BLE Scan in samsung android 10 while screen is off Scan Stoping

which however does not help to get the extension running in the background…
Taifun

Then how can you read the location even though the application is not used?

this can be done with a service… for example my locationservice extension is able to do it…
https://puravidaapps.com/locationservice.php
however it currently runs only in MIT App Inventor… in Kodular we have to wait, until AndroidX libraries are supported

Taifun

1 Like

Thank you very much for your input and direction. I’ll try it, good luck.
Regards.

Sorry, can I try it first before buying the extension?

Then try his apk…

why can’t this extension be used on codular?

I have bought this extension but I am still confused about using it in mit app inv.
can anyone help me to make a simple arrangement?

what you mean by bought this extension is free

I mean, I have purchased this extension for $ 12

What is your query @Ayun ?? You can get users geolocation easily by using default Kodular blocks. Plenty of suggestions are available free of cost in our community

Why can’t Location Service Extension be used on Kodular?

Refer here

does your extension work for Kodular today?

yes

As the UsesServices annotation meanwhile has been added into Kodular, this extension now also works in Kodular.

Taifun

Hi, I would like to understand how works the ProximityAlert block and how many of them I can use in the same screen. I have 8 zones (actually circle zones with a radius between 3 to 5 meters) and every time the Location Sensor detects a location change I test if I am inside one of them so I would know if the ProximityAlert block may help to somplify their management.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Question concerning TaifunLocationService extension