My Laggy Pc ๐Ÿ˜Œ Need Help

I Had To Install Windows as it was important but ya i also restored my important data:grin:

1 Like

I use MIT App Inventor 2 distributions on a

• Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with 1GB ram, Raspbian GNU/Linux, dwm and Firefox (canโ€™t build GNU/IceCat for that)
  • a 13โ€™ laptop with 4GB ram, Ubuntu GNU/Linux (planning to switch to Void GNU/Linux soon), dwm, and a lot of browsers: GNU/IceCat, qutebrowser, Firefox Dev and surf combined.
2 Likes

Bad experience with AMD, so no AMD for me :dizzy_face:

/Boban

2 Likes

Could you PM me about it? Iโ€™d love to know more. Iโ€™m on a purely AMD-based machine typing this. :joy:

1 Like

It was a long time ago 15 years+, at that time it could get itself to crash indefinitely, in the middle of an ongoing game, etc.

After dealing with it for almost 1 year I gave up and no more AMD or branded computers and since then I have built my own computers with well-selected components

I donโ€™t recommend branded computers

/Boban

4 Likes

Yeah well unless someone is opting for an absolute top-end prebuilt with a custom water cooling loop, itโ€™s best to choose parts.

I went with an AMD based laptop (Ryzen 5 3550H + Vega 8, Radeon RX560X) because:

1. Ryzen is an absolute beast. :smiley:
  2. The overall performance is best in its price range.
  3. FreeSync! All other laptops in this range lack variable refresh screens.
  4. AMD Hybrid Graphics works like magic, especially thanks to the awesome Vega 8 integrated graphics.
  5. Other reasons specific to the laptop itself, and not AMD.

I did have some Driver and BIOS issues in the beginning. For example:

• The device was so cutting edge, Linux had almost zero support for it. In the present, however, Manjaro 18.1.0 KDE (Linux 5.2) works beautifully on my laptop (with a Wifi driver compiled from the AUR). :smile:
  • The RX560X used to vanish from device manager and everywhere else if left idle for long. A reboot fixed it usually. This was fixed in a BIOS update on ASUSโ€™s part and a driver update from AMD.

Virtualization on Linux runs like a dream, although in Windows, running Nox when the Hypervisor is on results in a BSOD. :joy: the Hypervisor Manager and Sandbox both work great.

1 Like

My Pcs Specs Are:image
Model Dell Latitude E5440

Iโ€™ve been saving money to buy myself a Chromebook, but unfortunately itโ€™s not possible yet.

In the meantime, Iโ€™ve found a way to make my PC faster using CloudReady, which is based on Googleโ€™s Chromium OS. I installed it in a pendrive and boot the OS from there, but itโ€™s possible to install it on Hard Drive, and also dual boot.

As I do my coding online, itโ€™s been a excellent experience while I donโ€™t buy my Chromebook. The only difference is that itโ€™s not possible to install apks.

So, what The possibilities for create an application Windows of kodular, maybe this run smooth In pc more weak, contributed too for more People choose The plataform and less angry on koding

Here are mine:

And 4GB Nvidia GTX1080 Graphics Card

Just Like Boban Mine can also open infinity tabs:sweat_smile:.

Few Ways to reduce lag

1. Clear Cookies And History (if you want to keep password i suggest using password manager)
  2. Delete unwanted files and pictures
  3. Restart computer
  4. Extensions (Some Extensions can be the cause of lag i suggest if you have any extensions to carefully see which one is the lag maker)
1 Like

You are missing a couple, a total of 455 tabs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin::crazy_face:

/Boban

2 Likes

You can just use arc welder chrome extension

1 Like

I just prefer not to open that muchโ€‹:laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.