Need an mysql component

Hello great koders,we all know that mysql is an popular db in whole world.& most off the app/web devloper use that.i know we can connected between mysql & kodular app in different ways.but why not an default component like other db.it will be look like Sqllite component.this component will help the koders a lot.

I fully agree…
But I am embarrassed to suggest these improvements …

1 Like

Well I fully disagree. And I’ll tell you why: When you search about internet security, you’re gonna learn that between an app in a cellular phone and the world, there is layer in WIFI which can be catched for a hacker. That being said, it’s gonna put your app in a position of unsecurity and unsecurity of your data. That’s why it is recommended to create an API, which is server-side and this API connects with MySQL database.

2 Likes

Kodular should provide an documentation on it

Why? MySQL is not related to Kodular. Besides, the a LOT of info about MySQL in the internet.

2 Likes

@Kleyber_Derick Ok i didn’t get your point please elaborate it more
Do you mean instead of using PHP script and setting up database as provided by @Taifun
Use an API???
Or u u meant something else
Please elaborate it more

No, What I said, that API can be written in ANY programming language that allows you to connect to a MySQL database, and returns in JSON or in a simple string. PHP is one of them. In my case all my APIs are written in PHP, as @Taifun solution.

3 Likes

Ok now got your point thanku

1 Like

@msr79526 Are you talking about serverside MySQL or a local component that works like SQLite and uses device storage?

I am talking about serverside mysql

Well, just to clarify, I fully agreed with: creating blocks within Kodular for Mysql. But really, I didn’t go deeper to be able to give a suggestion (if it exists). I work with the return Json coming from PHP (API). I do all the SQL commands on the server. It was just a suggestion. … but on second thought there is no other way …

2 Likes

No problem!!! I just had to point out why it is not a good suggestion in this case.

1 Like

Try Breadly - it works with MySQL (MariaDB), PostgreSQL, SQLite and MSSQL (a bit tricky to set up but possible).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.