Need help, start screen

Hello everyone, thank you for your help in past issues, an excellent forum. The question is, how do I make the boot screen, that is, when I turn on for the first time, a screen with a language selection is displayed, there isn’t this screen on the next launches, and the language that the user selected the first time it was turned on is installed

4 Likes

thanks, I will try

1 Like

I checked your method, it doesn’t work, or am I doing something wrong, could you show it in more detail?

This is the right method as @Italo said. Check if you make a mistake in the tag name. It has to be exactly the same. Of course you have to place blocks to go to the next screen when the FirstRun is false.

2 Likes

you can try this and also add loading animations(lottie).
language.aia (4.1 KB)

1 Like

2 Likes

Aside from what @George_Loungos and @Boban said, post your blocks please.

1 Like

First of all, if you place the blocks I posted in the Screen1.initialize event, it will set the firstrun to false and it will never be true again, so if you keep checking later on the app if it’s the first run then it will always return false. The condition it’s true when the app starts but it turns false immediately.
You have to either save FirstRun = false in TinyDB in ru_screen.Click or open the ru screen inside the Screen1.Initialize event when FirstRun is true.

Besides, you have an empty slot in that IF block inside the ua_screen.Click event. That will not work.

1 Like

Could you, based on the example of my blocks, make your version, so that I would look, understand the logic, and ask no more stupid questions, I’m just starting, and Tiny DB seems complicated

Experimented, and it turned out to implement like this

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.