OOM Exception : Runtime Error stack size 8MB

My application is showing this problem on some mobiles, this problem is not happening on all screens that more dynamic data on the screen is just showing this problem on that screen. This problem is especially in Android version 4/5/6/7…

Please help me!
How do I solve this problem?

1 Like

@rtsaiful0 How many screen are you using??

1 Like

There can be two reasons for this:
1.You are not switching screens correctly.
2.You are using high quality images in your app.

1 Like

Mostly this error occurs if you only open screens but never close them

I have used 11 screens.

You are opening screens but not closing them that’s why this error comes

Is there a main screen in your app from where you open other screens??
Like a home screen

1 Like

all image quality is very low…
8/9 is working well in android version?

you are using too many screens that will surely hang the app and the device. You should use arrangements instead of screens to prevent any memory allocation issues

1 Like

what is the solution now?

Use this method to close current screen and open another at the same time

Also see tip 1 & 2 here :point_down:

1 Like

This error comes from endless loop in your code and might induce the other OOM errors as well…

bild

2 Likes

I am also having this issue. kindly help me how to solve this

also you created an endless loop

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

1 Like

check my block dear and please guide me to solve this issue.

May be the problem is due to using Deep Host’s Extensions

1 Like

Boban, my app is a webview app, I am facing this issue since I recently changed smartphone which is Android 10 based. On my previous phone, (Android 9 based) this issue isn’t coming

bild

This stack size error is coming due to this ad component. You have to check the component in the blocks of your App (when ad error to do show ad) If you have set a block with this type, then this error will be seen.

This type of error by methods calling themselves recursively, i.e, methods are calling itself forever.

Check your blocks and find out if you have created any loops which are being called endlessly.

1 Like