Package Utilities is unable to get custom package name

Searched Community Before Posting, Find a post but Unsolved, so i am creating new one,

The problem is with Package Utilities, when i choose a custom package name after completing my app, like before starting project i didn’t set any package name, and i set custom package name today, i have used Package utilities to get package name for rating and sharing, but its getting default package name like “io.kodular.samiu8336.financeapp” not my custom package name, as i thought it gets only default package name, not custom one, before posting to Bug i want to clarify that i am not wrong.

3 Likes

Perhaps it needs some time to save changes.

1 Like

no, i have tried, i have just said today for example, i have set that before a week, and also uploaded app to play store, in play store its showing my custom package name, nut package utilities is still getting older default one,

1 Like

Try using TaifunTools extension.

2 Likes

for my app i have set with text to get package name yet, but i think we have to mark this as bug so it get fixed for next release?

2 Likes

Yes, TaifunTools get the correct packageName, but this is also not working:

So this has to be fixed.

2 Likes

I think the problem is with Package Utilities in your case @bodymindpower

If TaifunTools doesn’t works then I suggest you to use FileTools method named application specific directory and if it works then we can be sure that Package Utilities has a bug.

1 Like

No, we already know that Package Utilities has a bug.

2 Likes

so we can request any Pro Koder or Admin to change this post to bug section and have a look on this

1 Like

Why??
You are author and you can also change its category.
But I did that for now.

But still I am not sure that it is a bug

2 Likes

oh i forgot that, we have checked its not getting custom name.

1 Like

Is indeed using standard name not custom name.

2 Likes

i thought that will work for custom package name too, because mostly peoples recommend there custom package names for there apps, thats why .

1 Like

I asked the developers to take a look at it.

4 Likes

I think something is wrong in your blocks(May be I am wrong)
In block Is Permission Granted needs two inputs one is permission name and second is package name but what I can see that you are providing app name instead of package name.

I have not worked with Package Utilities so I can be wrong

1 Like

We’ll check into this

5 Likes

Can anyone try this extension and tell me it is working or not?
afb51c78ca0c5d77cb89fca4fd25b8f4.aix (5.1 KB)

Respected Moderators:- this extension is just an extension version of Package Utils component.

1 Like

yes this extension is getting custom package name. second block package name after is showing error, first one is perfectly working.

1 Like

Yes, my mistake, but I checked it correctly. This does also not work:

1 Like

If so then try with above extension.
And if that works then let me know.

1 Like