[PHP] Breadly - The missing backend for App Inventor apps (beta)

This is a project i found on a different forum.

This is the Github page.

Maybe of use to someone.

10 Likes

Wow, thanks for sharing this Peter, the user who created the backend is a genius, is more efficient than I currently use

5 Likes

You need to be a genius to use it. I tried and gave up.

2 Likes

Well … I just customized it and adapted it to CinelarTV :slight_smile:

Works great

2 Likes

I went from :neutral_face: to :astonished:

2 Likes

That’s great. Can you tell what you changed in the original source?

2 Likes

Only some icons and tweaks in css (after using composer install)

The rest can be changed from the Dashboard itself (Tables, users, menus, etc)

I’m using XAMPP for local development

2 Likes

Let me try currently i am working in php side of my website

2 Likes

I still have enough editing, but it is very useful, even the Json API requires authentication (Very useful for applications that store user data)

Some screenshots:

4 Likes

Can anyone tell me how to set up it u am learning

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Requeriments:

• Composer
  • SSH Access (If you will use a web hosting)
  • MySQL/MariaDB
  • PHP
1 Like

Hi, I remembered your comment, I will do a tutorial later

1 Like

If you have the time that would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: easy online database (free and safe)

Hello everyone,

I’m the author of Breadly. Feel free to ask anything about it, I’d be glad to help :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Just published a new release with two small features added:

1. Your Breadly is now a Tiny Web DB storage service too! It’s there, enabled by default and ready to store your data!
  2. Added a GUID authentication so you can quickly register/log in with device ID only!

To update, first pull a new version from git:

git pull

After that update Laravel components:

composer install

And finally, migrate the database:

php artisan migrate

Tiny Web DB

Not much philosophy here, just put your Breadly URL as your Tiny Web DB service URL and it will work.

To clear all data from Tiny Web DB at this moment you have to run the following command:

php artisan tinywebdb:purge

GUID authentication

Truth is, in most apps you just want to store some data related to the user and you usually do not need user email or name. Or you just don’t want to bother your users with registration/login process. This new API endpoint allows you to register/login user with GUID only. If the user does not exist, it will be created. If it exists, it will be logged in and you will receive a JSON token which you can then use with other endpoints.

/api/auth/guid

What is GUID? Short for “global unique identifier”, it can be any string, but it has to be unique to the user/device. A good idea is to use device ID or OneSignal ID as the guid, because those will most likely be unique, but it’s up to you to ensure it is unique. That’s why this option is disabled by default and can be turned on in Settings page. I’ll add more info about this in the docs (wiki) in the coming days.

3 Likes

Excellent :slight_smile:

Just published a new release, with following improvements:

• fixed not sending welcome email on web registration
  • installer improvements
  • added support for caffeinated/modules

As always, to update first pull a new version from git:

git pull

After that update Laravel components:

composer install

And finally, migrate the database:

php artisan migrate

I’ve added caffeinated/modules, which is a well known module package for Laravel so I hope in future we can have drop-in support for modules (similar like how Wordpress plugins work) to allow users to extend and modify Breadly behavior without the need to modify Breadly code.

To test the module system I started working on https://breadly.cloud, which is a Breadly SaaS (software as a service) powered by vanilla Breadly + a module which I developed. Just register on the site and you’ll get your own copy of Breadly (on a subdomain) and an SQLite database to play with. Do note that it’s still under construction and things may break. Also, I’m not enforcing any limitations on the database/storage size but please do not abuse that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is very, very nice. It is not for everyone but even those who can’t work on it by themselves can pay someone to do it once and work alone most of the time without big problems.

1 Like