Ping (shell or API) "freezes" the application!

hello everyone, I’m creating an app that launches the ping command (ICMP) from the shell or API (the issue is the same), everything is fine if the ping is successful … but if the ping does not find an endpoint the application freezes, so I tried with a clock cycle but the application is frozen so the clock doesn’t go on, can anyone help me?

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

The same happens to me. I have an application that monitors network latency by sending pings to Google and AWS every 2 seconds.
With each ping sent, the application hangs for a few milliseconds and if the ping does not respond, the application hangs until the timeout.
I tried using -w 0.4 to decrease the timeout to 400ms, but it seems that this option doesn’t work on Android, at least it’s having an effect.
Is there a way to run the shell in a separate thread?

try to use it together with

Taifun

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Free] Async Procedures | Extension