Problem with saved recordings - Sound Recorder Component

Hello :kodular:oders,
My problem is that the recordings overlap instead of being saved separately and placed in numerical order.
I created a “system” to save and reorder the Sound Recorder recordings, thanks to the help of the Community, which some time ago helped me to create this “system” (link).

The “system” consists in saving each recording in numerical order and when one of these was renamed / deleted, the new recording was inserted in place of the deleted / renamed one instead of continuing with the numbering.

example

Recording1.mp3
Recording2.mp3
Recording3.mp3
RecordingWolf.mp3 (renamed recording)
Instead of saving “Recording5.mp3”, this recording will become “Recording4.mp3”

After the Kodular update, this system no longer correctly saves the recordings.

Blocks:

Always the same question: What do your blocks look like?
Or / and post the aia.

1 Like

Of course, unfortunately due to an unforeseen event I could not publish the screenshot of the blocks.

Updated the topic with the screenshot of the blocks.

Can you explain, what exactly happens after the update? Are you saying, from the example you mentioned, the filename will be Recording5.mp3 now instead of Recording4.mp3?
As you probably already have seen, a few things changed after the update…
What about using Do it to debug your app?

Taifun

It practically saves a single recording, replacing the previous one.

Instead before saved each recording by increasing the number and ordering it by that number. In case of deletion or renaming of a recording, the new one took the place of the latter deleted / renamed.

let me guess, is it always Recording1.mp3?
check the File.Exists method… you are currently using a relative path… try for example a complete path and use Do it to find out what is going on…
see also some tests from @bodymindpower here

EDIT 1: use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools

EDIT 2: which Android version are you using for your tests?

Taifun

1 Like

“Do it” on file.exist returns false.

EDIT 2: which Android version are you using for your tests?

Android 10

see again the thread I mentioned earlier concerning a bug in the File.Exists method…
as workaround you can try the Exists method from the File extension…
https://puravidaapps.com/file.php

Taifun

2 Likes

Now works. Thank you! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.