puravidaapps package manager extension

I am using puravidaapps package manager extension. my app shows device all installed apps.

with kodular connect to companion app shows icons of installed apps. but after exporting apk it do not show icons.

Please help

Can you show your blocks?

1 Like

It may be if you are not asking the required permission, in companion it already has permission but after exporting apk you need to ask a permission

2 Likes

As @Soham_Shah said extension needs permission , see here

The extension automatically requests WRITE permission, so you don’t have to ask for it manually.

I don’t know why WRITE permission should be required for this extension. → @Taifun
It should also work if you have denied permission. Try it …

Tested and works great, no permission needed. As for the icons that @new_code refers to I believe you must use the Pro Version of the extension which you receive after donating a small amount

Yes, as I said.
So @Taifun should remove READ & WRITE permissions request or you have to remove it from the Manifest.

1 Like

Maybe WRITE permission is needed for the Pro version (to build the icon).
Taifun can clarify.

how to deal with permission with blocks . ?

@bodymindpower @dora_paz are you sure it’s not needed, how else should it be able to create folder and add images to it…

/storage/emulated/0/Pictures/.Packages/

"icon":"\/storage\/emulated\/0\/Pictures\/.Packages\/com.google.android.youtube.png"},

{"package name":"com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox",                             

"app name":"Google","version name":"7.8.22.21.arm64",                                  

"version code":300745809,                                                              

"icon":"\/storage\/emulated\/0\/Pictures\/.Packages\/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.png"},

{"package name":"org.telegram.messenger",
1 Like

Try this: packagemanager2.apk (3.2 MB)

Manifest

see the documentation for property DefaultDirectory here App Inventor Extensions: Package Manager | Pura Vida Apps

Set the default directory. Default value is /Pictures/.Packages .
In the GotPackages event the icons of all the installed apps will be stored in that directory.
Note: starting the directory with a dot hides the directory from the Gallery app.

Taifun

Does my APK work (without permissions)?

Yes it works, It shows all apps list and all the info and also launches app.

Is something missing ? :point_down:

1 Like

Yes, I also checked that:

• Galaxy Note8 (Android 9) and
  • Pixel 2XL (Android 11 - Beta)

Yeah but without icons…

So for icons it need Permission ?

As I said / assumed:

1 Like

As I’ve said often enough, I hate permissions (just like my users) and try to avoid them whenever possible.

Therefore, the non-pro version should not request permissions. I had removed both permissions (READ / WRITE) from the Manifest and used an empty .PermissionDenied block.

1 Like