Question about Taifun File extension

The assets are stored just like App Inventor now, except that “AppInventor” in the path has been replaced by “Kodular” in order to prevent conflicts with the MIT App Inventor companion.

Edit:
Every occurrences of “Makeroid” has now been replaced with “Kodular”

1 Like

@Boban @bodymindpower @Taifun Could you please test the asset path behaviour with the beta server? I need to ensure that changes made for Android 11 requirement don’t break the functionality.

1 Like

@pavi2410 please first describe, what exactly has been changed and for which Android versions
@bodymindpower it seems to be, you are testing with a device older than Android 10? it might be easier to understand your test results if you could add, whether the result of a test was as expected or not…

Taifun

Android 11:

1 Like

To be precise:

• First of all, Makeroid has been dropped in favour of Kodular name, except the package name.
  • As part of the changes to fulfill the Android 10/11 File restrictions, from Android 11 onwards, assets are saved to app’s private storage in the companion mode, i.e, /Android/data/io.makeroid.companion/files/assets/ as found out by @bodymindpower
  • For devices below Android 11, it resides under /Kodular/assets/ directory.
2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help and support, @bodymindpower !

1 Like

Is there an asset named abc.txt already there?

1 Like

@bodymindpower I have fixed the bug with Exists block failing to check asset files. I will push it to the beta server soon.

1 Like

Let me know when it’s done. I will then test it …

1 Like

Beta server has been updated along with the companion app on the Play Store.

2 Likes

Thats great news… :star_struck:

Android 11:

grafik

2 Likes

Android 9:

@Taifun @vknow360

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t get it.

• Android < 10: /Kodular/assets/abc.txt

• Android ≥ 10: /Android/data/io.makeroid.companion/files/assets/abc.txt

Absolute paths:
/storage/emulated/0/Kodular/assets/<fileName>
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/io.makeroid.companion/files/assets/<fileName>

1 Like

are you trying to say, the correct result should be true?
you are testing om the beta server and this does not work correctly on Android 9 but correctly on other Android versions?
unfortunantely I do not have beta server access, @pavi2410 can you please add me to the beta tester group?

Taifun

1 Like

It means that once again we shall have to adjust our methods of getting absolute paths. :smile:

Please read this guide to join BetaKoders group: Become a Kodular BetaKoder!

We will invite you soon!