Rush • A new and improved way of building extensions

Please make a full setup video tutorial & show how to make extension with Rush, how is Java looking?

4 Likes

it was pretty simple once you understand

1. download zip
  2. unzip zip
  3. in the system variable add the path to the bin folder inside the rush folder
  4. make a folder completely separated from the rush folder
  5. gitbash there and type `rush create “project name” and click enter
  6. now it will ask you for package name, author, version etc. just keep writing all those things
  7. now you can see the folder where you gitbashed now you can go to the folder click on src then keep going in the folder then you will see java file
  8. edit the java file or let it stay there [by default there is a sample code]
  9. exit the folder and then gitbash and type rush build
  10. now go to the folder again check the out folder you will see your extension ready
3 Likes

Great…

What to do when we have to add external library or dependencies??

@Akshat_Rana, this is already mentioned in the first post. Please have a look.

Is it right

You only need to add it to the “deps” folder.

PS: AARs are not fully supported by App Inventor currently. You might want to read this thread.

Ok and i also do not change its name from aar to jar…

Ok done but getting this

required import statement is :- com.github.mikephil.charting.animation

Right click on classes.jar and then click “Add as library”.

1 Like

Thankyou so much done…

1 Like

Kudos and thanks to @Shreyash for this brilliant opportunity to create extensions. I had a few minor issues at the beginning (like some here) but he solved all of them perfectly.
Extension (aix) was created. Thanks again!

9 Likes

For everyone who may be a beginner, or doesn’t know how to start a new Rush project, no need to fear!

2 Likes

What do you need to implement it on MacOS? I can support you with that!

3 Likes

Nothing much, just a Mac machine. I was going to set up a CI pipeline for it soon, but nvm.

3 Likes

If you like, I can help! I have a mac

3 Likes

Great! All you’ll have to do is build Rush on your Mac. Here’s how you can do that:

• First, install the Dart SDK, JDK 8 or above, and Gradle.
  • After that clone rush-cli and rush-annotation-processor from GitHub.
  • Then open a terminal in the rush-cli repo and then run dart scripts/build.dart -v 1.0.0-Mac -p <path_to_rush-annotation-processor_repo.
  • Once the build is successful, you’ll have a file named rush.zip in the “build/out” directory in rush-cli repo.
4 Likes

Rush doesn’t want to start

Hello @samuelbeloni,

Can you explain what’s happen?

I have installed rush, but when i launch it,he closes immediately.

Rush is not a GUI application. You need to run it through a terminal app. This is explained in detail in the first post. Do read it.

4 Likes