Script does not open external browser to print PDF in Google Chrome

hey Guys, thanks for any help, my problem is the following, I need the button to recognize the script and the click command to open chrome to generate a pdf file of the page. thank you for any help.

the Button in the application triggers the function document.getElementById(‘SavePDF’).click();
contained in: “Print” which has id

How do I make it generate the PDF file and open it in Chrome, or within the application itself?

note that through the Chrome browser it works perfectly and opens the file generated in PDF

I’m Using Kios PDF, and custom tabs
extensions

Any idea how to make it open this way?

:thinking:
From what I understand, you’re just sending the page to print, Chrome natively gives you the option to print to PDF, but if you open it through the application, which it seems to be doing, this option doesn’t appear, is that it?

Pelo pouco que entendi, você esta apenas enviando a página para impressão, o Chrome nativamente dá a opção de imprimir em PDF, mas se você abrir pelo aplicativo, o que parece esta fazendo, essa opção não aparece, é isso?

1 Like

Exactly my friend!
when clicking on the button to generate the pdf, the page that saves the Pdf does not open (within the Application), but within chrome it opens and generates normally (in the Browser).

any idea if this might work within the App?

exatamente meu amigo!
ao clicar no botão para gerar o pdf não abre aquela página que salva o Pdf (dentro do Aplicativo), mais dentro do chrome ja abre e gera normal(no Navegador).

alguma ideia se isso pode funcionar dentro do App?

1 Like

I’m a beginner here, but while someone more experienced doesn’t show up I’ll make a humble suggestion :smiley:

Taking advantage of the fact that you run on an online platform, you can try to integrate htmltopdf to render the page and make it available for download.
Look here:
https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=gerar+pdf+com+javascript&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:af5ab414,vid:oQ3_p4oCzDE

You wouldn’t need to send it to print, just display it and print everything on the page.
This could solve the issue of opening within the app

If it doesn’t work, I wouldn’t give up, and I would create an external area, on the website, that displays budgets based on a unique code without the need for a Session, just the code, and I would call it from within the app, with a button of OnClick event that would call a window.open(‘https://api.whatsapp_ou_outro_link.com/send?text=’ + text, ‘_blank’); or onclick="window.location=‘./newindex_teste2.php?unic=0909090909’, that would jump to that page using any mobile browser just to display the page, that would display the pdf download option, just like you already have, while not being able to integrate everything within the app.

For now this would be my suggestion

Sou iniciante aqui, mas enquanto alguém mais experiente não aparece eu darei uma humilde sugestão :smiley:

Aproveitando que você roda em uma plataforma online, você pode tentar integrar o htmltopdf para rendenizar a página e disponibilizar para download.
Veja aqui:
https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=gerar+pdf+com+javascript&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:af5ab414,vid:oQ3_p4oCzDE

Você não precisaria envia-la para print, apenas exibi-la e assim imprimir tudo no compo da página.
Isso poderia solucionar a questão de abrir dentro do app

Se não funcionar eu não desistiria, e partiria para a criação de uma área externa, no site, que exiba os orçamentos com base em um código único sem necessidade de Session, apenas o código, e chamaria ela de dentro do app, com um botão de evento OnClick que chamaria uma função window.open(“https://api.whatsapp_ou_outro_link.com/send?text=” + texto, “_blank”); ou onclick="window.location=‘./newindex_teste2.php?unic=0909090909’ que saltaria para essa página usando qualquer navegador do celular apenas para exibir a página, que exibiria a opção de download pdf, exatamente como você já possui, enquanto não conseguir integrar tudo dentro do app.

Por hora seria essa minha sugestão

Use CustomWebView.
Read this topic to see how it works.

Download aix from here:

1 Like