Splash screen - newbie

Try By Making 320x480px OR 480x320px

Tried 320x480px but the app does not start with this size. I tried another size 128x256. This works, but the image does not cover the whole screen. Strange.

Create a high quality image like 1080x1920 and use this extension to set image scale type to center crop

I’m feeling a bit stupid… but I’m a newbe… :wink:

I cannot find out how to get this extension to work with splash images.

I use a solid color 150x200 .png file and it works perfect. I literally googled my hex code I needed and then saved the image that came up,.

That was my idea as well :slight_smile: I must have done something wrong as it does not work properly to me. I thought the splash image would just scale up to the display resolution.

It always has for me. I even test on a tablet and it stretches just fine on the larger screen.

1 Like

For some reason the splash image does not scale/stretch for me. I’m sure there is some simple setting somewhere…

Huh, I don’t see anything that would adjust that. I see the splash image selector on screen 1 and then the checkbox to enable it. That’s what you are using right?

Splash Screen Settings

Yes, under “Advanced properties” I check the “Splash Enabled” and select my now uploaded 150x200px png image under “Splash Image”. Are there any format problems maybe? Pre-viewing the uploaded image works fine. I use min SDK Android 8.0.

Is it maybe something device specific? have you tried other devices?

No, not yet. My device is a Samsung S7 with Android 8.0. I will try to find another device :slight_smile:

Now, I installed the app on a tablet with Android 5.1.1 (with min SDK changed to 5.1 - 5.1.1). But the same problem remains.

I sort of found the problem :slight_smile: I use Inkscape for creating png-images and it was set to 600 dpi. I changed this and now it works perfect.

to what did you change it ?

The rectangle was drawn in 150x200px size but the png image generation in Inkscape seems to use 600 dpi as default setting. This equals to 938x1250px in this example. I changed it so that the generated image was 150x200px which corresponds to 96 dpi.

1 Like

Hmm, the default for my Inkscape is 96dpi…

1 Like

ops… I must then have changed it some time. I forgot it. Sorry. Thanks for the correction!

I tried to add a logo into the splash screen but I cannot get it as I want. I have tried quite a lot using the “9-patch” method where it should be possible to control where stretching and scaling of the picture is allowed by using 1 pixel wide markings around the picture.

Anyone who has succeeded with this? (should maybe be a separate topic)