Sudden Onset Bug: Block causing Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘void java.io.InputStream.close()’ on a null object reference

I checked out Bugs in Kodular Eagle before creating a new topic

Describe your issue

A bug in a block randomly began occuring 2 hours ago. This bug also now occurs in back-up copies of old .AIA

A TInyDBX from @juananton1991 extension with block pointing to an internal asset is causing this error:

Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘void java.io.InputStream.close()’ on a null object reference
Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds.

Both in Companion and build APK

Previously this block was causing zero errors

Additionally, I have other similar blocks on different screens that don’t cause this. And it doesn’t if block points to asset or not it still creates bug

Steps to reproduce the issue

Enable the block - It produces error.
Disable the block and it goes away.

Expected Behaviour

No error

Actual Behaviour

Error

Show your Blocks

In this photo you can see virtually every single block is disable and the file address link has been changed. … Any ideas FML … Note the different error Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘java.io.File android.app.Activity.getFilesDir()’ on a null object reference

Android version

1 Like

Hello, I have made some modifications.

Here I leave an example in case someone wants to try it in Companion and Installed.

Try_TinyDBK_Extension.aia (15.7 KB)

Regards,
Juan Antonio Villalpando
http://kio4.com/appinventor

1 Like

Trying this now Juan,

One weird thing is… is that even if I run clear database. and then load the asset colores.txt
When the GET TAGS is called after you push the show button. It is showing some random left over tags from my application.

When create a TinyDBK, set a Pretag Properties.

Thanks Juan, I added the TINYDBK to my AIA and then renamed all the TinyDBX to TinyDBK’s seems to work! Thanks

Still getting some of the other DBK tags, with seperate pretags shown up when GETALLTAGS is called on DBK1 though.